41

"Why don't you give her more food?"

"Because she'll make a mess and this quantity is what I usually give her."

"You're not feeding her properly!"

"How'd you know that? I'm the one who's always feeding her, aren't I, Lu-Lu?"

"I want to feed her and make her wear cute adorable clothes and stuff."

To say that Pierre wasn't disgusted would've been a massive lie. He was disgusted with so many questions in his head. In fact, Pierre isn't even hiding his cringe right now because Enzo was acting weird. Well, no, Enzo's always been weird but this just crosses the line. This is ten times worse. Enzo, the Enzo, the one who doesn't care about everyone, is showing an emotion. First, that is weird as fuck because he usually have a poker face and he rarely shows his expressions, second, he's being oddly friendly. They aren't really buddies. Pierre wouldn't even call him an acquaintance but now, he's so friendly that it's scaring Pierre. Third, what the actual fuck is happening to Enzo? Did he actual hit his head and boom, he suddenly cares for this baby?

That's just bullshit.

And suspicious. Pierre doesn't trust Enzo. He doesn't trust him with Luca. Do you think that Pierre would let this man suddenly walk into this little girl's life after giving her the cold shoulders and leaving her for a year? He wasn't even angry at them leaving. He understands them to that extent and know that back then, they were hurting, they were grieving and they were blaming Luca. He did too before and he wouldn't lie about that but he didn't have any bloodlust. He doesn't want Luca to be placed in a system and he definitely doesn't want her to die.

Luca is still Maria's daughter and she is still nothing but an innocent baby in the end who deserves to be loved and cared for.

Pierre is suspicious. He was wary of Enzo. Pierre's the one who took care of Luca for a year and you got to understand why he's so protective of her. Taking care of a newborn wasn't an easy fit for Pierre, especially when he was still nothing but a grieving child who felt lost and doesn't have a single idea on how to take care of a baby.

He wanted to scream at Enzo, to say that he should just get away from Luca. To say that it hurts Pierre just by seeing him so close to Luca. Their lives and hers shouldn't get mixed together.

Their lives and hers are far too different and it's too dangerous for Luca. She doesn't need the burden of having their family name on her shoulders.

But that's just messed up. Pierre can't do that. He can't say that.

So instead of getting angry, he just huffed and rolled his eyes. "I know what I'm doing, Enzo. Who took care of her for a year, hmm?"

Enzo narrowed his eyes. "Pierre." He warned.

Pierre only batted his eyelashes innocently while grinning from ear to ear. To say that his smiles weren't fake would be a lie.

"That's right. Me." He said menacingly but then he tilted his head to the side. "You care for her. Here I thought you're just a tin can from the wizard of Oz who's in need of a heart." Pierre teased playfully.

Enzo rolled his eyes. "Why'd you think that?"

Pierre slammed his fist on the table making Luca jump in surprise but Enzo wasn't a little bit fazed though. As expected.

"Your affection may mean a lot of things. Maybe you're plotting things or you're doing this out of guilt. I don't know and seriously, I don't care. But what I do know is that I won't let my guard down when it comes to protecting Luca, even if it's you Enzo."