11

Sydney took Luca to an ice-cream parlor.
He actually just wanted Luca all to himself since Gabe and Enzo's been selfish.

Of course, as her brother as well, Sydney needs to take care of Luca as well!

Sadly, Pierre was told to follow them.

"How's your strawberry ice cream, bambina?" He asked as he took a mouthful of his rocky road.

"Yummy!" She hummed happily, her feet were dangling from the chair.

"Really?" Sydney reached out to wipe the corner of her mouth. "I'm happy, baby girl."

Pierre snorted beside him and Sydney immediately glared at him.

Sydney snapped. "What?"

Pierre hid his laughter with fake coughs. "Nothing, sir. Just didn't take you for a sappy kind of brother."

Sydney leaned back and chuckled. "Are you insulting me?"

Pierre raised a brow. "D'you take that as an insult?"

They both stared at each other, neither one of them blinked as they hear Luca's lovely compliments on the ice cream.

Finally, Sydney looked away with a scoff.
Pierre smiled widely and victoriously. "I take that as a no?"

"Just shut up." Sydney grumbled.

Pierre's chuckles irked Sydney to no end.
Sydney just focused on Luca instead.

Luca smiled at him when she caught him staring. "Hi, Syd!"

He laughed at her innocent greeting. "Hi, love."

"Why'd you call me love?" Luca asks as she licks her spoon clean.

Sydney smiled fondly at her. "Well, because I looooove you, Luca! Do you love your big brother too?"

Luca nodded furiously. "I love love love eve'yone! I love Sydney and papa, and Enzo, and Gabi and Mr. Pierre and even Matty!"

Pierre smiled widely at Luca. "Thank you, my lady!"

Luca giggled adorably.

Sydney chuckled. "That's a lot of people."

The little girl nodded. "Cause there's always a lot of space for me tah love them!"

Oh.

Oh, dear.

That just made their day better.

That just made their hearts melt.

That's something that would definitely be the death of everyone.

"Keep 'em safe for me, alright, love?"

Luca nodded in determination. "I will."

A pregnant silence settled between the siblings before the little girl spoke again.
"D'you like your ice cream?"

Sydney looked at his melting dessert before nodding. "Of course. I told you, didn't I? I'm more of a rocky road person."

Luca giggled adorably at him and nodded. "Kay." She paused and then lifted a spoon full of her strawberry ice cream. "Want some?"

Sydney's heart melted when he saw how she smiled warmly up at him. Her eyes were literally glimmering with nothing but innocence and purity.

Nothing like the nasty people he have tortured.

Oh, wait.

Tortured?

He meant to say 'talked.'