7

A friend of Achilles was going to arrive at their home. He told Luca that she'll get a new playmate since his friend's got a son.

Luca was her usual bubbly personality, excited about her new friend that he told her about.

Her brothers, on the other hand, was pessimistic about it and was placed in a bad mood.

"Papa! Papa!" Luca tugged his hand as they waited for their guests to arrive.

Achilles gave her a soft smile. "Yes, sweety?"

Luca's eyes glimmered with excitement as she look at her father's cold but warm gaze.

"They're here, papa!" She tugged again, jumping up and down in joy. "Hurry, papa!"

Achilles chuckled and nodded, carrying Luca up and securely holding her in his arms.

"We're going, sweetheart."

As he went downstairs, he could already hear Enzo talking to the guest. As the eldest, it's his duty to be at his best.

Luca's eyes were elsewhere though. Beside the old man was a boy. His blue eyes were attentively looking at Enzo, his stance were stiff and straight. His brown hair was combed well, no strand was out of order.

Luca grinned.

"Lucian, so great to see you again." Came her father's voice, making everyone look at him.

The man gave him a grin and a deep bellied laugh. "Mio vecchio amico!"

(My old friend!)

Sydney took the initiative to grab Luca out of Achilles' hold as the older man hugged Lucian.

The boy was staring at Luca with a glare and Luca just tilted her head to the side, thinking that he's just in a bad mood.

As soon as Achilles and Lucian got well acquainted again, everyone left Luca with the boy.

Luca was told to show him around and they ended up in her room. They were both awkwardly standing still.

Luca's scared of telling the boy to sit down because it still feels like he's still in a bad mood.

The maids were there to assist them but only if they were called. Gabi told her to be good though so she spoke up.

"Hi! S' nice to meet you." She greeted with a nervous smile. "M' Luca. What's your name?"

The boy just looked at her hand and crossed his arms. "I don't wanna be your friend."

Luca frowned. Her hand fell limp on her side as she look at him in confusion.

The boy must've sensed her growing confusion because he spoke again. "We're jus' here for business and I hate you for being rude 'bout it."

Was she being rude?

'But only adults do real business,' was what she was desiring to say but she kept her mouth shut. Instead, she smiled and nodded.

"S' okay if you don't wanna be friends then."

Now it was time for the boy to get confused. His lips turned into a frown as he gazed at her. "What?"

Luca shrugged. "Gabi told me that forcing someone is bad and I don't wanna be bad to you."

The boy gave her a blank look. "That's stupid."

Luca giggled and shrugged. "Maybe for you but I think it's pretty cool!"

The boy frowned even more, confused at what was happening.