27

"I'm gonna eat you!" Sydney roared, mocking a monster while stomping his feet, trying to catch the little tyke.

Luca squealed in delight as she ran away from him.

They were playing tag outside their large backyard. Gabriele and Enzo were arguing about something. Actually, Luca wasn't allowed to run at all. Enzo, being the mother hen and all, said that maybe she'll trip up and fall and will get a nosebleed or a concussion.

And Sydney just thought that that was an exaggeration.

So when they started arguing about work, that's when Sydney pulled Luca away from her iced tea to play.

Pierre was also in on the argument so Sydney and Luca were free!

"Noooo!" Luca giggled adorably as she ran, sweat glistening down her forehead. "No! Don't, Juli!"

Sydney laughed at how adorable she was! Actually, he just wanted Luca to play outside. She's always inside the house, doing the same thing over and over again so he's playing tag with her so that she could just feel free and have fun like normal kids do.

"Sei un corridore veloce, topolina!" He complimented, hands braced on his knees as he try to regain his breath.

(You're a fast runner, little mouse!)

They were running around for ten whole minutes and he's tired of chasing Luca. Believe it or not but Luca was hard to catch.  He keeps bending over to catch her and she keeps dodging his hands by ducking low. If she plays dodge ball then Sydney was sure that Luca will be dodging the ball with ease.

Luca looked at him with pride. "Thank-you, Juli... "

Sydney panted heavily as he looked up at her with a proud grin. "Le's just get some cold drink before continuing, Kay?"

She bobbed her head excitedly. "Kay!"

Sydney watched her sprint towards the shade where the trio were still arguing about something that Sydney was too dumb to understand and it looks like they're about to kill each other if the argument continues.

Not that the man wouldn't enjoy it. Sydney would love to see the scene unfold. Sydney internally snickered sadistically.

Sadly, Luca tripped.

Yeah. After running around for ten minutes, she finally tripped and fell and his world just froze. It stopped. He felt like he's about to go on cardiac arrest.

She went straight down with a soft 'oof.' Her lapis colored dress got dirty and she was too surprised to cry.

But she won't cry.

No.

She's six years old and she's brave.

But that doesn't hide the fact that she felt embarrassed.

She slowly stood up and brushed off the dust on her dress. But suddenly, she tasted something. Something metallic inside her mouth.

She heard Sydney frantically calling out for her, asking the little girl if she was alright.

Luca spat out something. Other than the blood oozing out from her mouth, she found a little tooth.

And for a second, she was so nervous. Her eyes went wide and it was filled with curiosity and then she frowned and then Luca's eyes sparkled.

She looked back at Sydney, waving her tooth proudly. "I los' a toof, Huli!"

She was trying not to spit out blood and let her tongue touch the vacant space that her tooth had stuck on.