46

PRESENT

Luca slowly opened her eyes, blinking softly  to the sudden sunlight in her room.

She was immediately greeted by Enzo's soft smile. His smile was always so soft, as if he was dealing with someone very precious and  very fragile. His smile is always Luca's favorite. And it's not because of some cheesy reason like his smile is as warm as the bright morning sun. No, it's because that particular smile, Luca's favorite smile, is only for her. It's a smile that's soft and filled with indescribable emotions that he only shows for her.

And it's something worth more than any treasure in the whole wide world.

Enzo was running his hand through her messy hair while Luca stretched adorably.

"Good morning, Lu..." He whispered softly, leaning down to kiss her forehead lovingly. Luca hummed sleepily at her brother.

Luca gave him a toothy smile in return that could possibly melt the very core of his heart. "Hi, Enzy... "

Enzo chuckled. "Hi, sugar... "

Luca slowly sat up and leaned forward to hug Enzo. The man wrapped his arms around her and softly patted her back.

"G'morning..."

Enzo hummed in reply and slowly carried her protectively in his arms as he stood up. Luca was still wrapped around her favorite blue blanket, looking like an adorable little baby because Enzo wrapped her up like a burrito.

Before, Enzo loved the baby Luca because she used to babble a lot and make spit bubbles while giggling nonstop at something as simple as a balloon. But Enzo also likes the Luca now. He doesn't see any difference between the Luca before and the Luca now. She'll always be the same adorable baby.

"Wakey wakey, sleepy head... There's pancakes and waffles waiting for you." Enzo whispered as he descended down the stairs.

At that, Luca perked up at that and he looked at Enzo owlishly. "With juice?"

"With juice." He confirmed in amusement.

Luca giggled adorably before laying her head on his shoulder again. "That's good, I don't know what I'll do if pancakes and waffles doesn't have juice."

"What do you think you'll do?"

"I'll blame Juli for drinking my juice." She huffed in reply.

"He doesn't drink your juice." Enzo frowned.

"He does!" Luca pouted. "He sneaks in the middle of the night to eat my cookies and drinks my juice!"

Enzo raised a brow. "And how do you know that, hmm?"

Oh, dear.

Of course she can't say that she does it too. In her defense, it's Juli's fault. If he didn't sneak around, hunting for Luca's food then there wouldn't any kind of problems.

Nope! She could never say that. She can't have her brothers lock her door. If they do that then Juli will finish them all!

Juli will eat her cookies and drink her juice!

Luca looks at Enzo, feigning innocence. "Know what?"

"That Sydney's been sneaking?"

Luca innocently tilted her head to the side. "Did I say that?"

"You did!" He exclaimed.

"I did?" Luca pointed a finger at herself.

"Yes!"