10

Of course, everyone's got their very own mother hen switch when it comes to Luca.

Luca's still pretty much a baby to them. It's like their natural instincts. Like predators protecting their own kids.

So, despite Gabriele being a complete asshole sometimes, he's not completely bad. He's also a worrywart when it comes to their little sister. In fact, he's much scarier when he's calm and collected. Enzo may be terrifying but Gabriele's just the same.

So, when they were invited to an event, of course it's to be expected that they'll be quickly pulled into different kinds of group.

Even Luca.

Well, she was pulled by a bunch of kids who's close to her age.

Still, Gabriele was keeping an eye out on her.

Like a hawk.

A big scary hawk.

As the night went on, Gabriele allowed himself to relax. So far, nobody's touching Luca. Nobody's talking to her other than a bunch of kids.

Usually, people, mostly women, would take Luca as an advantage to talk to them. A simple innocent plan that just makes the Cattaneo brothers gag with disgust.

Fucking whores.

And if men were doing it then it was because of business. They want the help from a Cattaneo because of their power. Their never ending power that makes those greedy men crawl down to their feet like slaves begging for a release.

Gabriele smirked to himself. He enjoys the thought of those people wriggling under their power like worms. Like some powerless cockroach. They can run all they want but they'll always be dead in the end.

Oh, how he wished that he'll be the one bringing them on death's door. Just thinking of the million ways to kill those fucking greedy people makes him just moan with delight.

It makes his body shake with unbearable pleasure.

Blood.

Fucking blood running down his hands as he slit their throats, open it wide until blood drips on the floor and just open their body with just a knife.

Their screams, oh how he would love it.

Their pleas and useless attempt to escape. He's shaking.

Blood.

Blood.

Bloo—

Suddenly, someone tugged the hem of his tuxedo.

He looked down and saw Luca smiling up at him.

All of his dark thoughts immediately vanished and was replaced by Luca's very bright smile. The fact that she could remove all of his thoughts in a matter of millisecond was irritating.

But he didn't mind it at all.

"Gabi!" She chirped lovingly up at him but she glanced at the people glaring at her and Luca just innocently smirked at them.

"I'm thirsty... "

Gabriele sighed and carried Luca protectively. He also smirked at Luca's timing.

He looked at the ladies he was talking a while ago and gave them a dashing smile.

"Sorry, ladies, but my sister needs to be taken care of."

"She can do it by herself, Gabriele." One of the ladies said with a bitter tone. "She'll be turning six soon. Aren't you embarrassed, Luca? You're a big girl now, right?"