Chapter 18: Confiding in Friends

Valerie’s POV:

I was released from the hospital the next day. I’ll admit it, I was a little relieved that the baby was gone. I know it seems heartless, but I just wasn’t ready for any of that. I don’t believe in abortion, but if I was pro-choice, I would have aborted. I was glad that Louis understood why I felt the way I did. I had only told him about how I felt about the miscarriage.

Louis and I had gotten really close in the past month. I hate to say it, but I think our friendship was stronger than the Larry Stylinson bromance.

I was in my room, thinking about all the times I spent with Louis. I was falling for him; I was sure of that now. I just couldn’t be sure he felt the same way. Maybe Harry would know… I stood up, walked to Harry’s room, and knocked on the door. It was a few seconds before he opened the door.

“Hey Val,” he said. The other boys had all started to call me Val as well, “What’s up?”

“Could I talk to you for a moment?” I asked.

“Sure,” Harry said and moved to the side, “Come on in.” I walked in and we both sat on his bed.

“So,” Harry said, “What do you want to talk about?” I hesitated for a moment.

“Louis,” I said quietly. Harry nodded like he understood what I wanted to say.

“You like him,” he said, “Don’t you?” I nodded and looked at the ground and he smiled, “You know, he feels the exact same way about you, Val.” I looked up at him again.

“Really?” I whispered.

“Really.”

“Then why hasn’t he-”

“He wasn’t sure if you were ready for a relationship, after all you’ve been through,” Harry cut me off, then leaned forward, “Are you ready?” I thought about it for a moment, then nodded. Harry gave me a reassuring smile.

“Show him you’re ready. Once he knows you are, he’ll tell you how he feels,” Harry said, “And when that happens, you need to let him know how you feel.” I hugged Harry and he chuckled.

“Thank you.”

“No problem, Val.” I let him go and was just about to get up.

“Oh, I almost forgot to ask,” Harry said, “You don’t have a twitter, do you?” I shook my head and Harry got up to grab his laptop. He sat back down on the bed and opened it. He went right to twitter and handed me the laptop.

“Here you go,” he said, “Just make up a username and password and you’ll be good to go.”

I made my username @Val_Styles and joined the site. Within seconds, I already had a follower: @Harry_Styles

I looked at him and rolled my eyes. He was staring at his phone, typing something. His tongue was sticking out at the side and he just looked ridiculous.

“There we go,” he said when he stopped typing, “Look at your mentions.” I turned back to the computer screen and saw what Harry had tweeted:

@Harry_Styles: @Val_Styles so nice of you to finally join us, twin

I rolled my eyes and went back to the feed. I had another four followers and I knew before I even looked that it would be the boys.

Sure enough, a minute later, they had all mentioned me in tweets as well.

@Real_Liam_Payne: Hey! Look who’s joined! @Val_Styles

@NiallOfficial: @Val_Styles, Glad you could join the twitter community!

@zaynmalik: @Harry_Styles, did you make your sister get an account? @Val_Styles

@Louis_Tomlinson: Welcome to twitterville! @Val_Styles

I snorted at Louis’s tweet and immediately followed all of the boys. When I went back to the feed, I had already gained a couple hundred followers.

“Well, that was quick,” I said and Harry started laughing at my surprised look.

“Well, what did you expect?” he asked, still laughing, “You’re my twin sister! Of course the fans are going to follow you!” I had to give him that one.

It was silent for a moment, then Harry spoke up.

“Don’t worry about a thing Val,” he said, wrapping an arm around my shoulder, “When he knows you’re ready, he’ll be ready to tell you how he feels.” I nodded and then looked back at the laptop.

“Hey, do you mind if I borrow this for a while?” I asked him. He nodded.

“Sure, actually, we should probably get you one of your own,” Harry said, “You’re also going to need a phone too.”

“Harry, you don’t have to-”

“Yes I do. Just think of it as your birthday and Christmas presents from the past three years.” I rolled my eyes and snorted.

~Meanwhile~

Louis’s POV:

“Hey, Liam?” I knocked on his door and peeked inside his room. I needed to talk to someone about what I felt for Valerie and I wasn't comfortable talking to Harry about it. Out of the rest of the boys, Liam was the closest to Valerie. He was on his phone, probably tweeting about Valerie like I had a few moments ago. Liam looked up after he finished typing.

“Hey Lou, what’s up?” he asked.

“I was wondering if I could talk to you for a moment? About Valerie?”

“Um, sure,” Liam said and he patted the spot next to him on the bed, “Have a seat.” I sat next to him.

“So, what about Valerie?” Liam asked.

“I really like her Liam,” I stated.

“Okay, I already knew that, and?” he said and I looked up at him.

“How do you…?”

“I’m pretty sure everyone but Valerie knows at this point Louis,” Liam said and I groaned and hid my face in my hands.

“Am I that obvious?” I asked, my voice muffled by my hands. Liam chuckled, but didn’t answer my question.

“Anyways, you were saying…” Liam urged me on. I uncovered my face, looked up at Liam, and sighed heavily.

“I really want to ask her out Liam, I just don’t know if…” I trailed off, but I think Liam got the message.

“You don’t know if she’s ready for a relationship; after all she’s gone through,” Liam stated. I nodded and Liam put a hand on my shoulder, “If she isn’t ready now, she will be in time. You just gotta have some patience.”

“I don’t even know if she feels the same way,” I muttered. Liam rolled his eyes.

“Louis, have you seen the way she looks at you? Do you know how much happier you make her?” Liam asked, “She feels the same way Louis, its whether she’s ready or not that you need to worry about.” I nodded.

“I guess you’re right…”

“Aren’t I always?” Liam joked. I punched his arm playfully and he just chuckled again.

“Thanks Liam.”

“You’re welcome Lou.”