Golden Butterfly (ch. 3)

~~~~~~≈~~~~~~

>|Arisa's's POV|<

~~~~~~≈~~~~~~

"It is an honor that I dream not of,"

I hear the words sputter out from my mouth in an artistic voice but I could hear no emotion coming from my mouth. The insensible logic that was typed down.

I was at act 1 scene 4 of the pathetic play. The part where her mom asks her if she ever thought about getting married.

Even though we were at the beginning, I had my 'balcony' from the balcony scene.

I was on the 7th step of a tall ladder as my "balcony for now," my stomach being pressed against by the steps as I leaned against it, my arms hung over the top lazily.

"Can we stop this now?" I said. I looked around and saw Zero sitting in a large chair comfortably as we both looked at the teacher. In accordance to what he said, we were to be taken out of class and practice the play.

"We'll miss our studies," Zero said trying to get our excuses together. Without missing a beat he teacher said, "You two have the highest grade point averages in the class, you'll be fine, only thing you do is sleep anyways,"

I groaned and said, "Come on! It's my 2nd day here! What makes you think I'm smart?!" The teacher only glanced up at me before looking back down.

"Remember we had a pop quiz yesterday morning on stuff you weren't taught? Do you remember who finished five minutes before anyone else? Can you guess what you made on it?"

I turn my head to look back stage and whispered to myself, "Your surprisingly a lot smarter than expected," I heard papers shuffle and he said, "Continue,"

I groan, "Fine! I'm getting to it," I snapped. I look down at my papers and let them slip lazily. I looked at my teacher and he pursed his lips sighing through his nose.

Zero walked over and said, "Don't be a klutz, Arisa, I was starting to become comfortable," completely serious. I watched as he picked up the papers and the bell rung. I slid down the ladder and said, "Finally!"

I was handed the papers and I happily took them, heading for the door of the large theater. "Wait, Miss Tamuro, not so fast, due to your in-cooperation, you and Mr. Kiryuu will be staying here until you finish act one. I flopped through the pages and groaned.

"She was 14 when she died! We're to old for the parts!" Zero said. I raised a hand as if to draw attention. "She was actually 13, and Romeo was somewhere between 16 and up,"

I felt Zero's glare on me and I sighed, "Besides, we have to do prefect duty," I said. The teacher cupped his ears and acted as if he was straining to hear something.

"Hear that?" He said. I crossed my arms not hearing anything, sure there was nothing there anyways. "What are you talking about?" Zero said just as annoyed.

"I hear a stage calling out the both of your names, now get back on the stage," I trudge back onto the stage and when I heard Zero recline on his chair, I heard a door open.

We both turned to see our teacher walking out the door. "Where do you think your going?" I asked. He smiled and said, "Oh well, you see, I'm not required to work overtime you see,"

I let my face drop and said, "How do we know you won't know if we practiced it or not?" He waved his hand and said, "I don't care just stay and do any other act or scene, not as if you haven't read it yet,"

Then leaving us he closed the door. I groaned and said, "Why?"

Zero sighed and reclined in his chair prop his feet up on a fake bush, "I don't care, I'm taking a nap, wake me up when you do," I smirked at his smart comment.