Golden Butterfly (ch. 30)

Skye hadn't spoken to me for a long time. He seemed quiet after I had told him my plans.

Sinking on the floor, I leaned my head on his knees, "Skye?" I asked, "What's wrong?"

He sighed as he continued reading his book, "Don't you have something to do, Arisa,"

I bit my lips, "Skye..."

"What?" He asked, this time, harsher.

I let my mouth hang open, stunned by his tone. Getting off him, I stood and backed away. I opened my mouth to say something rude back at him but...I couldn't bring myself to do it.

As I left, I turned around to see Blake studying us. I tilted my head in one direction, "Come over here,"

Anger churned in my stomach. For the past couple hours, I had been ignored by Skye. I hadn't bothered him, I hadn't talked to him. Nothing. But....I don't understand his issue.

"What's up, Arisa? Why are you and Skye.....iffy?" He asked.

I shrugged, "Honestly, after that, I don't give a damn, what the hell is wrong with him. I have something else to say,"

"What?" He asked.

I undid the clip to the dagger's harness.

"Take this," I said, "If you're attacked again and you find that none of you weapons work even with a one hit kill, use this,"

"But that's Skye's dagger...." Blake said uncomfortably.

"Take it, I have more weapons like it," I said, "You're staying here because of us. I don't want you to be endangered just because of me,"

"Like that time in the ally....when you used those throwing knives, that person turned to ashes....will....this one do the same?"

"Yeah," I said, exhausted emotionally, "Don't question it. Just....don't take it out unless absolutely necessary,"

"Okay," he said, taking it reluctantly. His eyes dart behind my shoulder to where Skye was, "Arisa, will you turn to ashes if I killed you with this?"

"No," I said, "I shouldn't be, don't worry."

After clipping it onto his belt, I turned away but he hugged me, "Arisa," Blake said, "Whenever you need help, just come to me. I'll be like your gay guy friend,"

I laughed and put my hand on his arm, "Thank you, Blake,"

~

I picked up a bow. Notching an arrow I aimed at my target.

Lily neighed underneath me. I kept my grip, unsure of when she'd decide to take off. Releasing, I watched it thump against a notch in the tree, joining seven other arrows that lodged next to it.

"You're right, girl," I sighed, "Let's get out of here, school is starting,"

Once I got back into the stable, I widened my eyes to see Zero.

"Zero," I said breathlessly. He looked up at me and started to get up. Jumping off of Lily, I threw my arms around him, "Where were you?"

Pulling back I studied him. He sighed and said, "I was being watched for a while but I'm back,"

My smile faltered, "Was it because of me?" I asked, my eyebrows knit together.

He hesitated but said, "No,"

What a bad liar....

"Go to class," He said, sitting back down.

I led Lily to her stall, "Screw that, I want to tell you something," taking off the saddle, I notice Zero's interest had been piqued but he continued to lay relaxed.

Flopping next to him, I sighed, "Skye has been ignoring me as of late,"

"And it's my problem because...." he started. I punched him lightly, "Rude. Let me explain. He gave me my memories back. I found out my parents died because of a vampire,"

"Could they possibly have been turned?" He interjected.

I shook my head, playing with a clover I found, "No, they died. Shot by a gun and died,"

"Weird. And this person was vampire?"

"Had to be, the intruders who died left piles of ashes," I said, "It's the only explanation. Hours later, Skye found me, who knows why, but after that, he brought me to the I.J.A.C."

He nodded. I leaned my head against him, "Zero. I don't even remember them yet I'm so worked up. Is it wrong to have this feeling? I want to hurt the one who killed my father in front of me. I'm not mourning their death or anything but I just can't help feeling...."

"I understand," He said softly. I pursed my lips, "This isn't healthy. Relating about this. Come on," I sat up and brushed off the hay, "You should go help Yuki,"

"Why?"

I shrugged, "Suit yourself," Zero got up and I smiled. As if he was just going to lazy around here.

When we got to Yuki, the girls were already lined, trying to act well behaved as the Night class passed.

"Go on to class," Zero said. I rolled my eyes, "I know you don't really mean that,"

"I don't but since you dragged me here, you have to go to class," Zero said, turning me around.

"Zero," I whined, "I just-"

"No," he said.

"Please-"

"Go," he said.

"But-"

"Arisa,"

I gave him a puppy dog pout, "Zero....I just want to talk to you...."

"Never the less, you have to get to class," He said. I frowned but sighed. With a small smile, I felt a little bit relieved, Zero was safe, "I'm glad your back with us," I said before turning to leave for class.

~

Ugggh, how long since the update? I'm sorry!

I didn't know what to do so this is sort of a filler chapter....But thank you for those who patiently waited. <3

Thank you!!! Comment and vote!!! I'll attempt to never leave you guys hanging for long ever again.