Golden Butterfly (Ch. 10)

~Arisa's Pov~

School was boring as usual.

After a couple hours or two, everyone who participated in the play was called to the theatre.

I heard we got new actors, and an actual teacher was willing to watch over us, well, not a teacher but some (safe) outsiders who passion was for amazing plays and such things I don't care for.

We were doing Act one scene five, today, in truth, we hadn't gotten as far as the teacher would probably like.

Only then did I realize how much we've been slacking.

I leaned in to wake up Skye who slept soundly under my jacket but Zero caught my arm. "Leave him, he stayed up all night making the chocolates," he said.

I looked at him and said, "Sure, lets go,"

~

"you tell me that? His son was but a ward two years ago," a guy said, short dark brown hair, and lovely hazel eyes. He had volunteered to play Capulet. I think his name was Flynn.

"What lady is that, which doth enrich the hand of yonder knight?" Zero said, his voice flat.

I giggled silently and waited for the sound of our instructors voice.

"N~ooooooo!!! I've told you before!!!!" The teacher yelled out. His name was Mr. William.

He hated Zero, I was certain. "Repeat it!" I heard him say. I flinched at the sound of the megaphone sending a screech. Obviously he was tone deaf.

Clearing his tone, Zero said, "What lady," his voice much louder, "which doth enrich the hand of yonder youth?" Zero's eyes trailed to my smirk and glared at me as if he was to strangle me.

"I know not, sir," said a poor volunteer next to Zero, moving away so the almost visible rays of hatred wouldn't reach him.

I looked down at my play script, half upset Mr. Williams made me stand up straight next to Flynn. I smiled as I saw Zero was next. Again.

"O, she doth teach the torches to burn bright.

It seems she hangs upon the cheek of night

Like a rich jewel in an Ethiope's ear;

Beauty too rich for use, for earth too dear.

So shows a snowy dove trooping with crows,

As yonder lady o'er her fellows shows.

The measure done, I'll watch her place of stand,

And, touching hers, make blessed my rude hand.

Did my heart love till now? forswear it, sight.

For I ne'er saw true beauty till this night!" he said.

He glared at me as I bat my eyes in flattery.

There was a moment of silence as everyone waited for Tybalt to say his line and suddenly a crash was heard, "Where on Earth is Tybalt!" Mr. William said.

Everyone jumped except Zero and I at his tantrum. "I'll take his part as he's out," We all heard in the silence.

"Go on lad! Why stop the production!" I turned to see Skye reclining on the chair his feet propped up.

"This, by his voice, should be a Montague.

Fetch me my rapier, boy. What dares the slave

Come hither, cover'd with an antic face,

To fleer and scorn at our solemnity?

Now, by the stock and honour of my kin,