Golden Butterfly (Ch. 12)

~Arisa's Pov~

I nudged Zero slightly, "So," everything from Valentines day was still out, the cotton candy shop still set, the teddy bear prize winning game, the compatibility tests.

"You should have known this was coming," Zero said. I looked at him and said, "Me? What about you?!"

We had to weave through the thick crowds, carrying the headmaster's items, not lose each other and make it out alive. It was probably bigger than the crowds on Xocolatl's day.

I suddenly felt tension behind me. I looked at Zero. "What's wrong?" he looked at me and he said, "There are level e's. Two different sides of town, don't get involved,"

I looked at him and said, "I'll go left you go right," I started to leave but he grabbed my wrist.

"No, you're going to the academy, you'll get hurt, again," he said. I smiled, "If I did that then you would be pressured to choose, besides, I'll be prepared this time.

When he didn't let go, I tried to yank myself away, "Zero!"

"Arisa!" he said exasperated. I managed to pull free, "You don't know if I even am going back to the school,"

"Arisa!" He said.

"I'll see you back at the academy," I said before getting lost in the crowds.

Making my way across the town, it soon became deserted, leading to the abandoned buildings.

I heard a cackle and a shriek. "Stop! Why won't you die?! Help! I heard. I ran towards the source and turned the corner to a dead stop at the alley.

A guy my age cowered in the corner, a gun lying pointlessly on the ground. "Don't get near! This guy won't die!" The boy said. I put a hand to my hip, "You were calling out for me earlier,"

The mad vampire, no longer holding his thoughts, lunged for me as I moved to the side, dodging it, turning around it would have retaliated but it looked down to see a silver knife in it's chest.

Suddenly exploding, I grabbed the knife before it fell. Putting it up, I felt arms snake around my waist. "Thankyouthankyouthankyou," he said.

I pushed him off me and kicked him against the wall, my shoes on his chest. "Watch it, I know you're from that asylum, don't get too close,"

He smirked and put his hand around my ankle, "How'd you know?"

With that, he pulled me down, and as I was falling, I rolled out of the way as he tried to pin me. Stopping, he towered over me as I kicked him. Getting up, I quickly grabbed Calypso and pushed him in the throat, "Stop, don't even put up a fight,"

Sticking Calypso over to his neck, I pushed down mildly. "You're already out of breath," I said. He pursed his lips.

"How'd you know," he asked. I laughed and said, "How'd I know? Try not to carry their guns all the time. What I want to know is what you're doing here,"

He moved away from my gaze, "I left the association," he muttered. I searched for details of any lies.

"What?" I asked. He looked at me and said, "I told you!"

"I don't believe you," I said, digging deeper, "Show proof," I said.

He became nervous to a wreck, hope fell from his gaze, but that isn't what caught my attention.

"I don't have any," he pleaded with me, "Trust me, I left too,"

I raised an eyebrow, "Too?" He wasn't the only one? Or did he refer to the both of us...Did he know I left? Maybe he was working for them....