Golden Butterfly (ch. 8)

~Zero' POV~

I looked up, clearly startled. "Zero I finally found you!" Yuki's voice rang. I jumped again, realizing she found me.

I hadn't been pulled back from my thoughts on Yuki, but by the mounting scent of blood. I suppressed a cough and looked in that direction.

"Yuki, go in the school," I said slowly, pushing her away, towards the academy. I had a bad feeling, the smell became stronger than expected.

I had no idea how I kept in my inner monster. Maybe the growing worry in my gut was more in my mind than the smell.

"Why do you keep pushing me away?" Yuki said, considerably upset. I looked in every which direction. "Where did Arisa go?" I said, realizing she could be the reason why...

"I don't know she walked off after talking to Kaname senpai," She said quite bitterly. As much as I disliked that she was probably closer to Kuran than I was, I had other things on my mind.

"Go in the school, make sure you stay near Kuran," I said. And as much as I hate seeing her near things that would hurt her, she needed to be somewhere where no one could hurt her.

"S-sure," she said, taking in the fact she would be near Kaname, which made me scowl.

Hearing her leave, I started for the direction of the smell of intense blood. Growing closer to the smell, I could feel the beast inside of me rage to get out.

Turning the corner, I came upon the sight of 4 broken down men.

Knives lodged in an arm, leg, chest and the other knife was missing but the blood was still flowing out of the stomach. My face paled.

Not because of the fact that the blood was staining every blade of grass but because I realized they were in black suits. Not that the pain clawing at my throat eased and my eyes weren't red.

I started running, suddenly realizing the smell of a certain girl. Arisa was in trouble.

I blindly ran around, trying to find her, only to see a broken figure in the dark. I came closer and realized it was just another, cold body of another agent. A blade piercing the skin between the collar bone and shoulder.

An involuntary shiver ran up my spine as I thought about how easily she could kill. How, in one throw she can just kill. I'm not judging, it's not like I don't hesitate to kill vampires.

It's that I never noticed how lethal her potential skills are.

I leaned down to grab the knife but it shocked me as I came close. I pulled back sharply, grimacing.

So she carried anti-vampire weapons.

I continued before my eyes could burn, glowing at the sight of the glistening drops of ruby. Her blood scent became stronger, more savoring as I got closer.

I wasn't given skills to handle trained agents, I was given a gun that wouldn't hurt a human.

I heard people coming closer as I hid behind a tree. "-give us trouble," a guy said.

"Of course the brat gave us trouble," A familiar voice said. Her mission control.

"How come you never recorded her skills when she was on mission?" Another hostile voice blared.

"The little thing must have lied to me, if I knew she could kill so many people I would have brought more people and place them in different places," she excused.

I looked over and immediately looked back. Three people were there, one carrying Arisa over his shoulder. Her wound probably reopening.

"You should have realized that the first time we came," the other said bitterly. "Do you talk to all your superiors like this?" She snapped.