Golden Butterfly (ch. 13)

~Zero's Pov~

Walking up halfway, she picked it up, the pitiful black box holding the exact pills monsters took. My hunger growing and by the looks of it, she had a small cut on her cheek, the way her chest fell up and down made me sure she had ran to find me.

She had used and wasted energy to come find a vagrant monster like me. Now she was out od breath, looking up to me.

She looked so unsure, so vulnerable.....this didn't help my hunger, my thirst, the desire for blood. Yuki coming around was enough, but here waltz Arisa, her blood pumping, her face innocent, blood bubbling up out of the cut....

I felt the urging burn of my red eyes, the monster inside clawed at my throat and the sharp fangs designed to pierce flesh sharpened painfully; slowly. The sensation burning in my throat as if I hadn't drunk in anything for thousands of years.

I looked at the box in her hand reluctantly and she said "Zero, you have to be more careful than this, if this continues Yuki is going to find-"

I took her by the wrist and slammed into the wall, she was beginning to be to much for me. The taunting look of the blood starting to run down her cheek now, she gasped in sudden fright, shock, and surprise.

The intoxicating smell of her, the sweet bliss that was so intangible....til now. "Z-Zero!" She said in shock. Standing, weak kneed, she was pinned against the wall, I brought my face closer to hers.

"Who has to be more careful?" the beast whispered and rasped out. Since when was the last time I drank? Since when was the last time I was able to down a bloody pill without ripping my throat from the inside out?

"Stop this," She said, her voice quaking, I licked the blood on her cheeks as I felt the struggle beneath my hands suddenly stop as she gasped, now aware of the blood seeping onto her skin.

The sweet euphoric taste flooded my mouth in small sweet droplets, gone too soon, the delightful taste of fear lingered, urging me to want more.

The taste filling my desires and easing the pain; cooling, and dissipating it to the point of a natural high.

I trailed down to her neck as I bit in, the taste of saccharine blood flooded my mouth. Her slight cry of pain was delectable, "Zero....." she whimpered.

She cried out my name.......my name as I mercilessly devoured the girl I was deeply entangled with. Someone I could trust.

Her arms now gripping me, not bothering to fight back but for support to stay up. Before I knew it, I was drinking as much blood as I could from her, unable to stop at just a couple moments of ecstasy.

The practical high her blood gave me was only starting to satisfy my thirst as she was suddenly pried away from me. I reached out to stop them, the person who was ruining my satisfaction, but realized in shame as to what I was doing.

I backed against the wall as I was faced with Kaname, his face was deceivingly calm yet his eyes were the epitome of fury, hatred, anger.

Arisa clung onto Kaname as he held onto her tightly, bringing her closer, he lifted her in a bridal style fashion, her eyes far away as she leaned in and muttered, "Stop....stop it Kaname, let him be, it's........it's fine,"

Kaname glared at me, Arisa was half dead, what would she know what's good for her or not. "The sick vampire finally caves in, and never the less it was to Arisa,"

With those words, he carried Arisa away, the strong broken girl who had pardoned me for the worst possible thing I could do to her.

~Kaname's Pov~