quince

When Kayleigh ended the phone call Ben broke down. In twelve hours she had gone from nearly telling him that she loved him and before he knew it,it was over. Kayleigh was everything he had ever wanted in his life and for a reason he would never know she was gone.

Ben was currently sat on the end of the bed with his head in his hands trying to come to terms with what had just happened. He had never felt this broken before. He couldn't describe the feeling other than he felt like he wasn't himself. He never thought he would feel something so strong for someone who he had known for three months.

As soon as Bens phone rung he knew it was James saying he was outside and to hurry up. He didn't even bother to pick up the phone he just went downstairs slipped some trainers on and got into James's car. "You alright mate?" James said as soon as Ben entered the car. "She ended things" he said his face showing no emotion. James instantly screwed his face not believing what Ben had just said. "Who Kayleigh?" James asked even though it was obvious the boys best friend was in complete shock. "Who else?" Ben snapped at James. "Sorry man but did she tell you why?" James asked as he started to drive to Leicester's training ground. "No she just said we're over don't ever call me again" he sighed.

"You did what?" Evie screamed at her cousin as soon as Kayleigh opened up onto why she had been crying non stop for the last hour. "Call him and fix it" Evie said sternly at her cousin passing her her phone. "No I'm not risking my job I worked too hard to just be known as a wag" Kayleigh said and started breaking down into tears again. "Don't you love him though?" Evie spoke sympathetically sitting down next to her younger cousin who was sobbing. "Of course I do and if he loves me it will work out but right now it's not meant to be" she sighed while wiping her tears.

It was about a week later and Ben hadn't been playing good at all recently. He didn't get a start for Leicester's game on Saturday and when he did come on he didn't play great at all. Kayleigh hadn't blocked him on social media as that would hurt to much but him seeing kayleigh liking his pictures and viewing his stories hurt just as much. Kayleigh wasn't coping well at all but she was too stubborn to just call him and get her boyfriend back. At work she was fine a little more quiet than usual but she was normal.

"Ben get off the pitch" Brendan Rodgers screamed at the young boy who wasn't performing anywhere close to how he had been this season. "What's going on?" Brendan asked the defender. "I don't know what your on about" Ben mumbled. "I've never seen you play that bad"Brendan said to the young boy.

It was obvious something was going on and Brendans job was to get to the bottom of whatever was affecting Bens game and make sure that it wouldn't affect his one of his star players game. "Argument with the missus come on mate you've got to tell me" Brendan said a little less stern this time. "Broke up with me no explanation just told me we're over and not to call her" Ben told his manager tears filling his eyes. "Look mate it's shit it really is. But you are an amazing player and that girl wouldn't want you to miss out on being the best opportunity's of your life crying over her" he spoke to the young boy.

"Your mom and dad didn't drive you around the country every weekend,pick you up from training at ten on a cold winter night for a girl to break up with you and all of that to go to waste" he added causing Ben to wipe his eyes gulp back and nod. "So you take all that pain and you turn it into power and you use all of that power in your game" he finished his pep talk. "Thanks boss I'll try" Ben said shaking his managers hand. "And if you do ever need me my doors always open get back on the pitch" Brendan smiled to one of his younger players.

Ben wasn't playing the best he'd ever played but he was playing decent. What Brendan had said to him really got into him. He'd known this girl for three months and he wasn't going to let her ruin his career. However much he did just want to call her and see her dimples when she smiled he had to convince himself to move on.

"Kayleigh darling dinners done" Simon called up the stairs to be greeted with no response. Kayleigh would normally rush down stairs for food but today she never replied. "Kayleigh?" The man said walking upstairs to find his daughter. He knocked the door and Kayleigh said a muffled 'come in'. Simon walked in to see his daughter sat on her bed tears streaming down her face while watching an interview Ben had done a few weeks ago.

"I lost him dad" she cried. Simon sat on his daughters bed and let her cry into his shoulder soaking his T-shirt in the process. "Look baby things happen and you and Ben were good while you lasted but it's over" he explained making her cry even more. "And I can tell you for a fact that he isn't sat in bed crying over you" he added. "Dad you don't know that and your really not helping" she laughed slightly through her tears. "Well I do because he's currently playing a football game and he's playing brilliant" he told his daughter. "And do you know why he's playing so good?" Simon asked his daughter who shook her head. "Because he took the pain and is using it as power" he explained. "That's what your going to do" he told her wiping her tears.

"It's a Saturday night and you don't have work tomorrow I'm calling Evie your going out" her dad instructed her. "I really don't want too" she said. "Tough your going" her dad told her.

What outfit do you want to wear her dad asked her opening her wardrobe. "Dad I get it I'll get ready get out" she laughed. "Okay I'm going I love you baby" he smiled pulling his daughter into a hug. "I love you too" she smiled.

madders and 87 others liked this post kayleighgreenx I know you'll see this so I want you to know I think of you all the time but please don't let me ruin any opportunity for you♥️

kayleighgreenx I know you'll see this so I want you to know I think of you all the time but please don't let me ruin any opportunity for you♥️

comments disabled

eviegreen15 and 135,994 others liked this post benchilwell solid three points💙thank you for everything you made me a better person and let me love for the first time thank you I know you'll see this ♥️

benchilwell solid three points💙thank you for everything you made me a better person and let me love for the first time thank you I know you'll see this ♥️

comments disabled

heya
this chapter is talking a bit about how they cope without each other. as i said yesterday i'm doing last weeks spotlight book today and this weeks is for the amazing book 'falling for a footballer' by Lucie-Loo honestly recently it's been one of my favourites to read and is one of those books i click on as soon as it's updated. hope you all go and check it out if you don't read it already! also i hope you enjoyed this chapter.
lots of love as always ♥️