once

"why is this goodbye harder than the first one" a teary eyed kayleigh tried to laugh slightly to take her mind off the fact that she wouldn't see her boyfriend until October with both of their busy work schedules not working in their favours. "Hey don't cry I will call you everyday and your going to do great" he smiled kissing her forehead knowing how stressed she was about starting her job.

"Hey mom dad I'm home" Kayleigh said walking through the front door dragging her suitcase behind her. "Hey sweetie how was it?" Debby asked her daughter. "It was good and I now have a boyfriend" she announced gritting her teeth slightly. "That's amazing sweetie he is a lovely boy" her mom smiled. "Dad your being quiet what do you think?" Kayleigh said sitting down knowing her dad won't like the boy as he never has told him about. "I think he's a nice lad but I'm never going to think anyone is good enough for you" he admitted to the girl and her mom. "But you like him and you approve?" she asked.

Simons approval was very important to kayleigh she never wanted to be with a boy that her father despised as she knew in the long run it would never work out. "Yeah I approve" her dad spoke to her whilst opening his arms hinting for her to cuddle him.

After a while of Kayleigh cuddled up to her dad watching tv she checked the time and decided considering she had her first shift at a seven am start she should go to bed. "Right I'm going to bed,I probably won't see you in the morning so wish me luck" she spoke nervously standing up. "Good night sweetie good luck" both of her parents smiled at her.

It was nine am meaning Kayleigh was two hours in to her first shift. Being a twelve hour shift Kayleigh was preparing herself to be shattered by the end of it and that's why she let Ben know she might fall asleep in his game tonight.

Ben was playing West Ham tonight at home. He'd repeatedly asked kayleigh to watch knowing it would be on the tv with her family being such big West Ham fans. She obliviously agreed but since let him know she might not be all with it considering the long shift. Although he was upset his girlfriend wouldn't be able to fully support him in his opinion this was the girl he was going to marry so there would be hundreds of games that she could watch.

It was eleven am and so far all Kayleigh had done was a couple of x-rays and dealt with an allergic reaction. "Kayleigh can you come and do this blood test for this little boy" the head nurse waved the girl over.

Kayleigh walked over to see a little blonde boy standing with a blue football top on. "Hello if you would like to follow me and we will get you all sorted" she spoke to the little boy and his dad. "I'm going to need to do three different blood tests to make sure he's not going to pass out again" Kayleigh said reading the notes.

The boy sat on the bed looking very nervous. "Hey what's your name?" Kayleigh asked talking to him hoping it would take his mind off the idea of the needle in his arm. "I'm Caleb" he spoke shyly. "I'm Kayleigh is this your first blood test?" She asked as she put the gloves on. "Yeah I'm really nervous" he said. "Well there's no need to be nervous and if I tell you a secret this is my first ever shift" she smiled trying to ease the boys nerves.

"I'm going to go and get you a chocolate for when your done buddy" the young boys dad said leaving the room. "So while I set this up tell me about yourself" she said hoping it would move his attention away from the needle. "I'm seven years old and I support Leicester" Caleb spoke timidly. "Really who's your favourite player?" Kayleigh asked an idea immediately coming into her head. "Ben Chilwell. I'm going to be just as good as him when I grow up" he said instantly having a smile on his face talking about his favourite player. "Hold on a second" Kayleigh said pulling out her phone and unlocking it instantly getting Bens caller id up and facetiming him.

"You alright kay your meant to be working" Ben said picking up the phone confused. "I am and theirs a little boy here who loves you a lot I was wondering if you could speak to him while he's a brave boy and gets his blood test" Kayleigh said passing the phone to the little boy. "Urm yeah sure" Ben said.