Chapter34~Bombshell~

Start from the beginning

"Wait a date? I thought you were homesick and depressed and almost on the verge of running to the hills?" He asked confused.

"Oh yeah I still am but Cabir and navya forced me to meet people and stuff and legit made me call him so that's why." She clarified quickly so that he doesn't misunderstand her.

"They are there? I'm so lost we need to catch up it's like I've no idea what's going on in your life anymore." He proclaimed guilty.

"It's okay and even I'm sorry for not playing an active role in your life. I guess life happened." She stated with a sad smile and he agreed on that.

"Nandini actually I wanted to inform you----" He was cut off by the female voice.

"Manik I need those files, the meeting is going to start!"

Nandini heard a familiar voice in the background trying hard to remember who does it belong to.

"So I was saying-" he was interrupted again.

"It's okay you're busy I'll call you later." She said genuinely and he was glad that everything's okay between them. The call disconnected and she sighed looking at the phone.

She was happy and relieved that they finally talked and he doesn't hate her for her life decisions.

_____________

"I'm so late for work" Nandini exclaimed running everywhere in the house. "Are you guys going to be okay when I'm not here?" She stopped for a second.

"Yes Nandini we will be fine. We will probably go and see the empire state building. Again." Navya mumbled irritated eyeing at cabir who was busy yelling at the television while watching a soccer game.

"Excuse me sorry for being a how I met your mother fan!" He bellowed offended and they just ignored his obsessive fan girl behaviour.

"Oh by the way I've this fashion show slash office party tomorrow evening would you like to come?" Nandini asked hopefully putting her scarf around her neck.

"Free food and alcohol? Sure." He shrugged and she sighed in relief.

She bid them bye and went to work. Navya and Cabir roamed around New York. They already saw everything when they came last time but cabir's obsession with this sitcom made navya give in.

When Nandini came back in the evening the apartment was empty that means they were still out.

She thought of calling manik in the meantime but his phone was off so she just decided to sleep.

|•|•||•|•|•|•|

"Are you both ready?" Nandini yelled coming out of her room wearing earrings.

"Yes almost because this woman here takes a forever to get ready." Cabir accused coming out of his room dressed in a black tuxedo.

"Urgh! Stop it Cabir you're being extra mean to her nowadays don't you think?" She made an akimbo siding her friend. "Come here" She commanded and he stood in front of her confused. She properly did his crooked collar.

"It's just his love disguised in these remarks it's fine Nandini." Navya expressed from behind dressed in a burgundy cocktail dress.

"Awe my future wife knows me so well!" He cooed kissing her cheek on which she rolled her eyes and nandini had a look of adoration.

"Okay let's go we are fifteen minutes behind the schedule chop chop!" Nandini ordered wearing her black heels which looked great with her pastel pink dress tight from the waist and a little flowy.

They ubered to the party and reached within thirty minutes. The party just started, it was a spacious hall with glass chandeliers hanging, a huge stage and a mini bar too.

"Hey gorgeous!" Jake whispered in her ear holding her waist from behind and she jumped on her place immediately distancing herself from him.

"H-hi Jake!" Nandini stuttered waving her hand awkwardly.

"Oh! Hey we bumped into each other again." Cabir voiced in a high pitch and hugged him taking him by surprise.

Navya looked at him confused but he just gave her a look which said just-trying-to-balance-out-the- awkwardness.

They broke the hug and jake cleared his throat awkward with the situation.

"I'll just go, see you later Nandini." He nodded at her and she smiled in response.

"I'm going to go too see the preparations and stuff I'll join you two later." She informed them and went to backstage.

She went to backstage and saw models getting ready but then her eye went to this one model and she froze.

"Hey nandini you okay?" Emma asked concerned seeing her frozen.

"Tha-that's----"

Before she could say anything alicia came barging in her five inch making her already tall figure giant.

"We've chosen one of your designs too for today's show just walk on the ramp after the model in the end. And no need to think you're better than everybody here. You got selected by accident." Alicia snarled and walked away.

Emma rolled her eyes at her cockiness. "Congratulations for your debut" nandini came out of shock when she hugged her and replied with a sloppy thanks.

They started doing their work getting the models ready, checking the fittings etc.

The show was going to start when alicia ordered almost everyone to go out and take their seats.

She went and sat besides navya and cabir who saved her a seat.

Alicia came on the stage welcoming everyone with a fake smile plastered on her face.

"Let's welcome our special guest tonight with a round of applause!"

"Happy advanced birthday" cabir whispered in nandini's ear grinning and she looked at him confused.

"Mr Manik Malhotra CEO of Withering heights"

______________

To everyone out there who are questioning why nandini gave another chance to jake and not to manik?

Manik is the only guy she was romantically involved with and you don't just be with one person your entire life. You meet a lot of people and then you meet 'the one.'

And sometimes you have to meet someone else to realise what you've been missing out and if I've to explain everything then I'm not doing my job right :(

Well leave your thoughts and there will be lots of Manan scenes in the next update.