Chapter 27: Light in the Dark

Darkness. 

She was surrounded by darkness. A cold abyss that was unforgiving and silently lethal. Alone, frozen and aching; Blair sat up and opened her eyes to an empty space. She knew from the moment she opened her eyes, that she wasn't in some normal room or earthly world. Blair was in the realm of the dead.

"Smart move," she mumbled under her frosty breath, which was the only thing she could see in front of her.

"Do you think so?" asked a voice she thoroughly recognized. It was Tony's, but not his at all.

Blair rubbed the stinging ache, which was growing in her head. "Bringing me to the spirit realm gives you more power," she stated. "Instead of fighting me in my world, you brought me where you're stronger."

Tony snickered in the dark.

"Release Tony's body at once," she warned.

"I kind of like this body," he said. "He's young, strong and has a very handsome and kind face, unlike mine." Tony chuckled coldly as he continued to circle in the darkness around her. "And if you hadn't gotten in my way, I wouldn't have to go this far," he remarked.

Blair got to her feet and scoffed; "I don't let things like you roam in my world," she retorted.

The entity emerged from the darkness, but his true form was hidden behind Tony's gentle face. "I'm going to give you the cruelest of deaths, witch," he cursed. "But first, I shall have a lot of fun playing with you."

Blair was caught off guard when a hard fist slammed into her jaw. She stumbled onto the floor and spat out blood. Tony's face had twisted into something cruel and evil. He climbed over her and slapped her as hard as he could. Blair's cheek throbbed and she was sure a heinous bruise would fester over her face. He held her down with his weight, bringing his hand in front of her eyes, his nails grew into fierce claws.

"You witches never know when to back off," said Tony. "I'll just have to get rid of all of the witches. But once I get rid of you, that is." With a cold snicker, he took one of his claws and sliced across her stomach, tearing her open. Tony bent down to her and looked into her wet eyes. "Does it hurt?" he asked as his claw dug into the wound spilling more of her blood.

Blair's eyes blurred. Her shrieking cry echoed through the realm, but no one was here to save her. Tony abruptly pulled his claw out of her, she gasped and grabbed her wound that was hot and wet.

He brought his bloody hand in front of her. "Feels so good to kill again," he confessed. "And it was all possible because I convinced that old geezer to make a dying wish."

Blair's eyes snapped open. "You told Roman about the wish?"

Tony snickered as he shifted on top of her, putting all his weight near her wound giving her excruciating agony. "He was so desperate to see his kids-" the entity's foul stench burning Blair's eyes- "So, I told him that there was a way and he blindly followed."

Blair coughed up blood. "You're sick," she spat blood on him.

The entity's flaming red eyes, which were amused, turned furious. Laying in her own pool of blood, she turned to escape, but Tony's rough hands grabbed a hold of her hair. He mercilessly slammed her head onto the concrete floor, busting it open. Blair's head rang with tremendous pain. She blanked and wished for something or someone to help her.

In the darkness, Blair felt her palm tighten around a handle she was all too familiar with. A breath of relief escaped from her. She didn't wait for the entity to attack, but instead she went ahead full force. Blair seized the dagger and sliced across Tony's chest. Tony wouldn't feel anything or get any marks from the blade, but the entity would burn in agony.