Chapter 6: Signs

Blair woke up bright and early this fine morning to get everything prepared beforehand, just how she liked it. She called the town's best renovator team and pre-ordered all the furniture before she went to sleep last night. Blair didn't like to waste any time, and although all she did was handle a shop, she knew she couldn't stay away for her store for too long. Blair was determined to finish all the renovations in four weeks.

She quickly slipped on an old pair of jeans that were wildly ripped, like a cat had all its fun with it, but she didn't mind since today's work required raggedy clothes. She pulled on a flannel on top of her white camisole and some boots for her own safety- not that her magic would let anything fall on her, but one can never be too cautious is what Blair told all her customers.

Blair had just finished securing her hair in a chignon when she heard a honk of a car outside her window, she knew it was directed towards her since the only neighbour of her house was a forest. She grabbed the beige duffle bag that was already packed with some extra clothes, magazines, tools and her laptop. Even a witch occasionally needs the Internet.

She dashed down her porch stairs. "Tony!"

"Good morning, Blair." He smiled, but her feet froze when she laid eyes on him. "What's wrong?" he asked her.

"You're not wearing a suit," she waved at his appearance. He was also in jeans and a regular blue jumper.

He chuckled. "Ah yes, Mr. Steele ordered that I give you a helping hand," he said. "And secretly, I wanted to work with you."

She grinned. "Don't think I'm going to go easy on you because you're my friend," she said as he opened the car door. "This is going to be a wild job, Tony."

"I'm expecting it to be." He shut her door and hopped in next to her.

Her phone buzzed on her lap and the message she was hoping for popped up.

We are at the location.

"I called in Mr. Jones to help us move the remaining furniture and deliver the new things I ordered," she told Tony as they reached the back of the hotel, they both spotted Jones's team in their blue uniform and massive truck parked on the side.

"Jones," she waved at them before grabbing her bag and running to their side. "Thank you for coming on such short notice."

Jones smiled warmly. "Anything for you midear."

Jones was a huge intimidating man with a thick white beard and hair, he had great big arms and long legs that were knotted with muscles everywhere. But Blair knew he was a complete teddy bear on the inside, but he just loved to scare people. However, it was very hard to get on his good side; any wrong word or action and you're done.

"Jones this is Tony, the one I told you about last night," she presented Tony who was awkwardly craning his neck to see the scariest man in town. "Tony, this is Jones." Tony stuck out his palm, and a few moments had gone by when Jones unlaced his strong arms and grasped Tony's hand, he shook it wildly with a full hearty laugh that Blair was used to, he smacked his hand on Tony's frail shoulder.

"I'm just playing with you," said Jones.

Tony finally smiled from relief. He quickly guided them towards a private elevator and everyone got to work with Blair's instructions.