Chapter 13: You and I

The storm cleared out like magic, which it was.

Her family from around the world took back their spells that had disrupted the clouds and caused such a nasty storm. But now, the sky was bright blue with a few clouds and a light breeze that swept the wet leaves off the streets. Blair stretched out her legs and left the room behind her, she climbed down the stairs and headed towards the kitchen for some food because she was famished from using her powers. Kids around her neighbourhood started to pour out in yellow rain boots to splash in the big puddles the storm caused.

Blair settled on the couch with a simple yet classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich when the house phone rang. She grabbed the phone and put it on speaker. "Hello?"

"Blair," a familiar voice spilled through the speaker. It was her cousin Anastasia Donovan, they trained and went to school together, Anastasia's brother Nathanial also trained alongside Blair.

"Ana," said Blair with a smile. "I've missed you."

"Me too," she laughed so openly it was contagious. "Ever since you moved away, we haven't had one good day to talk."

"I know," groaned Blair. "How've you been?"

"I'm great," she said. "As usual, just writing my books in California. But the reason I called was to ask why you needed so much magic from everyone?"

Blair's chipper mood dampened. "I'm dealing with a spirit of a man's dead father and this spirit wants me to protect his son."

"Oh, and how do you know the son of this spirit?"

Blair hesitated and she didn't know why, maybe it was because Anastasia could tell if someone was lying with her telepathic powers. "I'm renovating his son's office," she told her.

"Oh," Anastasia's interest perked. "And is this so-called son, handsome?"

Blair was astonished with her cousin. "What does that having anything to do with this?"

Anastasia cackled. "It's always important."

All Blair had to do was sigh and Anastasia understood that silent signal. "He's really that good looking!" She squealed behind the phone. "It's been a while since you've showed interest in anyone."

"I'm avoiding him at the moment," said Blair.

"Why?"

Blair's mind filled with dread. "Because I told him about my powers," she told her cousin.

"Are you serious?" she asked sternly because this wasn't something to joke about to any Lightwood family member.

"I'm dead serious," she answered.

"And how did he take that bomb?"

"He didn't say anything to me about it. He went on with this day like nothing happened."

"Man, I hate when that happens," grumbled Anastasia. "So, what will you do? Do you want Nathanial to clear his memory?"

"No," said Blair. "I'll handle it, and besides, he was bound to find out if I'm going to protect him."

"Okay," and that's all Anastasia said about that matter. "I really missed this," she confessed with a sigh, "talking to you."

"Why don't you come down to Meadow-Mist Valley?" offered Blair out of the blue. "I have a spare bedroom and you carry your work with you anyways. We can even have girls' night, every night."