Chapter 11

I want you.

I want you here and now.

Do you have even a nugget of a clue how much I want to claim you for myself. Blaire, you will tear me apart.

"This evening has been pleasant." Zander's voice was smooth, delicate like dark chocolate as his amber eyes flicked from my lips to my gaze. "Do you not think you should go back to him?"

For a split second, there was the familiar silence which descended upon us. His nose, despite the words he spoke, pressed against my neck and I found my head tilting to give him better access. I watched as his deft hands button what I managed to unsnap. He inhaled sharply. I hissed out when his cool breath escaped his nostrils. With my back pressed against the privacy fence, I eyed him, my gaze wandering up to the window. I could see frigid chips of darkened emeralds glowered down at me.

I hissed out as I pulled Zander back to me, hands finding his shirt and removing what he had buttoned. "One night." I rasped out, my head moving toward his neck. When my teeth skimmed the surface of his skin, he exhaled sharply, my name falling from his lips like a prayer.

"You—"

"You said one night." I hissed out against the skin of his neck. He hummed. "Tonight, surely you realize it is not just about you getting what you desire. You do realize that, right?"

"Blaire," He gasped out, hands moving up and down my sides. "I received what I really desired. Control—"

I hissed out, my hands brushing against the hardened flesh of his chest. I found my head moving upward toward his lips. When our lips connected my other leg hooked around his waist, eliciting a sudden gasp. I noticed his eyes. How the amber darkened to a piercing black.

Perhaps it was my attraction toward him.

Perhaps it was the way in which his amber eyes twinkled beneath the rising light of the moon.

Or perhaps it was the merging of honeysuckle and sugarcane along with the scent of natural roses that drew me to act in the way I did.

Zander tilted his head to glance at me as his lips moved against my own. I chuckled when confusion edged my name.

Fuck it.

Further angering the man locked in my bedroom could have also been the cause and if that were the case, I was not going to waste this night.

Absolutely not.

I am not hesitating.

I will not hesitate. I chuckled when Zander's hands found my waist.

Oh God.

You will be the death of me.

My veins, once a pale blue, now morphed into the alluring and mysterious black. I hissed out against his moving lips. "Even if you can teleport and I still have you wrapped around me, I want to forget him. He means nothing to me. Nothing but a means to an end. I mean nothing to him. I want you." Zander's eyebrows rose as his lips tightened into an arrogant grin.

"Blaire we—"

"The night is young. I love you and you alone. I want you now."

His lips reconnected almost immediately, the chaste quality of the kiss growing to a frantic pitch, but he disconnected to whisper something against my ear. I flushed as the blood rushed to my ears, a loud roar of water reverberating against my eardrums. His hands found my waist, trailing to my thighs.

"Blaire—" He rasped out, his words heavily laden with desire.

Who was he to refuse me?

To hell with Thor's wrath. I would deal with the consequences of my actions in the morning.