Chapter 5

I should hate him. I should absolutely detest your presence. I should hate everything about you; I should loathe you for killing Zander. He was mine. I adored him. He—fuck.. I smirked as I leaned in. When my lips met his, I felt him stiffen beneath the simple touch. His eyes snapped open as his eyes widened. I pulled back for a moment as I smirked. "You really want me." He hissed out.

I laughed as his grip upon my waist tightened, forcing me away from the wall. "I would gladly make you more than what you were to Zander.

With a confident laugh and despite the muted fury swelling within my breast, a wind-like whisper tore from my throat. "Prove it."

His eyes darkened as he growled, slamming me against the wall before his mouth sealed over my own. His lips moved from my mouth to my jaw as a gasp tore from my throat. His hand seized one of my arms and pinned it on the wall. Against the column of my neck, he whispered, "Why was she here? Why was Vesuvius here?"

I bristled. "Who?"

"She thinks I'm dead."

"Shut up." He growled, his lips roaming every part of my neck. "The bitch will—"

"Loch. She was here because you killed my sister. You are on thin ice."

His eyes found mine as the grip on my wrist tightened. "Oh?"

"I am not a cruel person, Nero." I hissed out, my other hand moving to his shoulder. "But I am not a forgiving one, either. Betray me, and you'll witness exactly how truly unforgiving I can be. There are no second chances."

"Oh, really? Will I ever get to witness this cruel side?"

"Don't push me, Loch."

"Why was she here?" He asked, his voice a velvet rasp.

"I already told you why she was here. Why are you so intent on finding her?"

"I have my reasons, Blaire." He growls, his teeth gently raking the skin of my neck. She must pay.

Not now!

Not yet.

When?

Patience.

It is necessary—we cannot storm in—she saw us. Yet we saw her.

Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. The rage swirled through his veins.

I don't care how; I just don't want to know her.

Oh? Is the big bad cop afraid?

Fuck you.

I hissed out the one word we were both thinking as a sultry laugh emerges from his throat.

******************************************************************************************

The trip from Blaire's house to a small-town house was viciously quiet—she refused to speak and when she did, her tone was clipped. Brittle. Aidan's palms stiffened when he glanced over at her, the hood of her jacket was drawn up over her head concealing the dark red locks from view. As the garage grumbled up, Aidan exhaled slowly. "Blaise, do you need to—"

"Do not dare—"

Aidan shook his head as he pulled the car into the driveway. The small house sat surrounded by others which seemed too close for his liking, with a heavy growl of thunder piercing through the silence. The melodic clinking of water droplets upon the roof tore through the silence as Aidan stepped out of the car and entered the house. As the garage growled shut, Blaise removed the hood and leaned forward, placing her palms on her head. Rubbing her eyes, the fierce crackle tore through her veins, screaming as a wail cut through the silence like a knife through butter.