Chapter 6

"Tell me what I am to you." He whispers against the column of her throat. "I am not letting you go. Don't even think about it. Don't you dare beg me to let you go. I have nowhere else to be, though I do desire to speak to Blaire alone." Her conversation with Aidan would be short, sweet, and brisk. 

Blaise stiffens under his grip, struggling, but his grip tightens. "You are a fool to think you are going to do that alone."

"Blaise. I know her. You would simply get in the way."

"I—" He relinquished his hold upon her allowing her to back away from him. "Resent that statement."

"Do you?" He angles his head as his eyes gleam dry confidence. "If he is there, you are either going to die or lose control. Killing Blaire is something I do not want to happen."

"But she—"

Aidan shakes his head. "Blaise, truthfully, I can handle myself. You must go back to DC."

"And if I don't?" He watches in mild fascination as her palms flex at her sides. He takes a dangerous step toward her, causing her to take a step back unconsciously. His tongue darts up running over his upper lip as though eyeing prey. When he hears the soft thump of her back against the wall, she allows her eyes to flutter shut.

So easy to manipulate. Is love her weakness? Wouldn't love be everybody's weakness? He shook his head as he chuckles. "Tell me what I am to you."

"No."

"Blaise. Tell me what I am to you. I am not letting you go so easily. Hell, I am not letting you go until you answer the question. I do not want—"

What? What don't you want? Blaise leans her head back as a shudder runs down her spine. "Then, for the love of God, stop running your mouth and kiss me. Or—" Blaise bites back, and Aidan notices how her verdant eyes now glow with a ring of crimson. He slowly closes the space between them as his fingertips coil around her wrists pulling him toward her. Her hand moves underneath the shoulder of the cotton jacket to his abdomen.

She's right on top of my brand.

No!

Oh God.

She cannot know.

She cannot find out.

She will not find out.

Not yet.

I'm not ready for her to know.

"You are giving me a challenge."

"Am I?"

He huffs which escapes his chest as an impatient gasp and seals his mouth over hers. When their lips disconnect and her hand recedes back to her side, a primal growl tears from the back of his throat.

"No."

"Don't leave me."

Aidan presses a careful kiss to her nose and whispers, "Would I really leave you? No. I wouldn't dream of leaving you—not like he did. Are you going to come to bed or are you going to stew? Forget him."

Blaise raises a hand and her fingers rested against his cheek and her palm cupping the side of his chin. "Help me forget him." Her words barely reaches above a whisper and he lowers his head to her neck. His lips move slowly against the juncture of her shoulder and neck as a hand runs up and down her side. He feels her shudder beneath him.

How easy is she to become putty?

Am I using her?

No.