Chapter 47

Chapter 47- Ride or Die

"Give me that!" I yell at Steven after yanking away his foam bat he keeps deciding to hit me with.

"You're just mad you can't hit me back." He says and sticks out his tongue at me.

I of course, immediately hit him back.

He stares at me.

I stare at him.

He stares at me...

I stare at him...

"MOOOMMM!"

My mouth drops.

Damn.

I cover his mouth in a panic and he licks my hand. I squirm, but I don't break.

Sadly, my mother walked in, instead of EVERY other American mom who would have just lazily asked "what?" and kept it pushing, but noooo.

So of course she sees me with a hand on his mouth and a bat in the other.

I do the most sensible thing... and I run for my life.

She had a look of horror in her eyes that I wasn't even slightly curious about.

When I say I ran, I mean out of the house. My room wasn't safe enough. In fact, I almost instantly imagined me running to my room, thinking I'm safe then BOOM, my mom storms in through the BATHROOM to catch my oof guard with an ACTUAL bat and kills me.

Yes, it's probably my anxiety talking, but I couldn't, in good conscience not run for my life. She's extremely protective of Steven. She has voiced many times that he is her favorite, and I believe her.

Once, Seth pushed Steven after Steven threw a action figure at his head and of course he screamed for my mom and my mom actually TACKLED Seth.

This 5'1 petite woman TACKLED her nearly 6'0 son for a light push.

I wasn't ready to die for a foam bat.

I hid on the side of the house as my mother looked out the front door. She stood on the stairs, looking around. Even though the neighbors were cutting their grass, I still held my breath out of fear she'd hear me.

"I'm gonna get you." She yells, while swinging the foam bat and slowly walking back into the house.

She knew I was around. She's terrifying.

I wait a few more seconds before booking it to Gabbie's house and silently praying she's home.

    I bang on the door, it instantly swings open.

  "What?" She asks, confused by my frantic behavior.
I push past her and sigh in relief as she shuts the door.

"I'm hungry." I say, completely forgetting about why I ran there in the first place.

   "Lucky for you, I was just ordered Thai food." She says and my eyes widen in excitement.

   "Yay! I've been craving Thai foo-" I was cut off by banging on the door.

"I literally JUST ordered it, it shouldn't be here yet."

   Gabbie looked confused and went to the door.  I stood to the side, kind of thinking it was my mom with a real bat but, it was worse.

   A man with a deep raspy voice, a voice I remember all too well.

   "Hey, Ethan stay here by any chance? I'm his uncle." He says and my body stiffens.