BOOKMAS 4

THIS IS OUR LAST BOOKMAS!

It's been so fun making these for you guys but it is now the end of bookmas. I hope you enjoyed this series and be sure to look out for more fun, but plot satisfactory chapters on the way.

"""""""""""""""""""""""

"Okay, we've been cutting these for like 3 hours! It's almost 4, can we eat?" I groan at Steven and he looks at me.

"We need at least 5 more buckets of this!" He exclaims and I sigh.

"It's not that bad! We can do this!" Gabbie says and everyone agrees.

I reluctantly pick up my scissors and another piece of white construction paper.

  We all cut for another 2 hours, filling up about 6 to 7 more buckets and I sigh in relief.

    "Finally! We have enough!" Steven says happily and we all cheer.

      "Enough for what though?" Faith asks, the question all my friends have wanted to ask.

   " A blizzard!" He says and they all frown in confusion.

   Every year in our home town, Steven would play with the snow on Christmas Eve, so for a crazy alternative, we decided that we'd make snow, while we were cutting buckets full of snow our parents and Aunt Rose, took the buckets to the back, dipped the papers carefully in water, and spread them out in our walk in cooler, that way, it'll be cold like snow. We also have a built in porch in the back that runs along the width of our entire house and it's air conditioned.

  So, it's about 22 yards horizontally and vertically about 10 yards, so it's plenty of room for us to play in the homemade snow, it's kind of a surprise for all of her sense none of my friends have seen really snow before.  We are going to kick up the ac, and turn on the fans and throw it as soon as we get finished.

    In the mean time, while the papers are getting cold, we can all watch Christmas movies.

   "Who wants to watch Christmas movies?" I say interrupting their confusion.

    They all agree and I hold up two.

    "The Grinch who stole Christmas or The Christmas Carol?" I ask with a smirk. They all look torn.

   "How about both?" Sarah asks and I nod.

    I just pushed in The Christmas Carol and we all fell silent.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Two movies and a couple snacks later, my parents were ready for the surprise.

They gathered us all on the porch and everyone looked super confused all of a sudden they blasted to fans and threw "snow" in the air. Everyone jumped in surprise.

   The cool paper hit my skin feeling almost identical to snow. The room feels with cheers, laughter, and screams of joy. Everyone was enjoying themselves.

  Even the sad boys.

  We all threw the paper at each other making somewhat of a snowball fight.

  Steven lay on the ground making snow angels and Gabbie lay down joining him.

   Even the adults joined in.

   """""""""""""""""""""""""""""

   All my friends lined up at the front door, saying goodbye to my family and I.

   I gave Gabbie and Michelle a hug and they thanked me for the winter wonderland.

   When everyone was gone my family sat in the living room by the tree, drinking hot chocolate and singing along to Christmas songs.

"Whose ready to open their one gift of the night?" My dad asks with enthusiasm and Steven jumps up and down looking dead at the tree with all the presents that say his name on it.

   As he was running to them he tripped and fell flat on his face and before anyone could properly react he shot up and grabbed the biggest present he saw.

   I don't know how he hasn't got it yet, but our parents fake the biggest gift every year because the know that's the one he'll pick.

   It'll probably be super little.

  He opened the box up and basically dived into the box to grab his present and when out, he looked extremely confused.

   "A....book? Is it a book?" He asks looking at another box, wrapped in paper.

   "Why don't you look?" My dad suggests and so he does.

   When he opens it his face lights up.

   "An IPad Pro?!?" He asks and our parents nod.

The twins and I smile with happiness and excitement for him.

   The joy in his face made us know that it was Christmas and no one could take away that feeling.... only until he opened the actual IPad Pro box.

   To that, it was another present very small, and wrapped. We stop and stare, wide eyed at our parents for going too far.

   "Mom!" I hissed at her and she shushed me and kept her focus on Steven.

   "Go on, open it!" She says happily and Steven just looks disappointed, but opens it anyway.

    "Oh my!" Is what he says, with neither of us being able to see what it was we were sort of confused.

   Up until he held the thing up like Simba from The Lion King.

   It was a freaking Batman mask, and he looked happier than before. I scoffed at the mad man!

    It's a mask!

I sigh and kissed my parents good night before high tailing it out of that living room.

I lay on my bed, staring at the ceiling and sighing.

   "Merry Christmas." I whisper at nothing.