Chapter 37

Chapter 37- No Harm, No Foul!

"Dude! She's batshit!" Seth says with a chuckle, so of course as any good civilian would do.... I slapped the back of his head.

He recoiled in pain, I gave him a stern look— the whole shabang— even when I was thinking the same thing.

Ethan stares at the screen and his face became twisted with confusion.

"She was never going the way she said she was. She never switched places because she had already been in the wrong lane. She's going the wrong way!" Seth says in defense to my slap.

"Maybe it's just anxiety planting that in her head." I say.

"Or maybe survivors guilt." Ethan said.

"What do you mean? She was never in that spot!" Seth says and Ethan rolls his eyes.

"I mean maybe she thinks deeper into it, hence why we're investigating it, like maybe guilts collided? She's guilty for going the wrong way, probably imagining being in her correct lane and then all of a sudden the picture in her head of where she was and where the accident was collided and because it was so traumatic, she switched realities. She's living in her anxiety." Ethan explains as Seth and I blink at him.

"Sooo basically what I said, but on crack?" I say and Seth chuckles.

Ethan rolls his eyes once more and connects his eyes to the camera footage again.

   "Should we show her? Or should we show a doctor?" Seth asks and I roll my eyes.

   "Show a doctor your illegal project?" I ask with my eyebrow raised.

Seth rolls his eyes and looks at his computer.

"Let's show Michelle before dad finds out I'm missing." Seth says and I nod.

He packs up his laptop and we walk to the car.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""
We all stood in Michelle and Gabbie's Den, watching the footage. Michelle frowns to herself.

"That's.... so weird." She says.

"What?" Gabbie asks.

Michelle points to the time on the CCTV footage.

"It says 8:30, but I don't remember anything from 8:00- 8:45. I remember being late at 7:58, hopping off the freeway because of the pile up, and then I remember being mad because I went the wrong way and then I remember looking at crashed cars in front of me at 8:45." She says looking confused.

"Trauma?" Gabbie asks and we all nod our head.

"Maybe you should see somebody, it could just be repressed memories." Ethan says.

"I could have sworn I was right there." She says, pointing at the spot in front of hers.

"Well, you weren't." Seth says and closes the laptop.

"I can see that." She says and rolls her eyes.

"If my opinion mattered, I'd say that this is a hell of a way to ditch a guy." Seth says with a smirk.

"Seth! Go home!" I say embarrassed that he's my brother.

"Sorry." He mumbles under his breath and picks up his laptop.

"For what it's worth, I wasn't questioning your mental sanity, I was cracking a joke." He says and walks out the door.

"His jokes suck." Gabbie says after the awkward silence became too much and we all chuckled a little.