"I would too after all he's put you through" he cursed. I never told Donatello the things Leo had done to me and even with that, he still knew all that had happened, for my spirit was so damaged.

"Donatello do not be scared after I say this.."

"Nothing will top your confession about the plan to kill the emperor" he brags to the pairing of my laughter. I push a finger to his lips, looking just beyond the crack of the door just in case someone lingered.

"Not to loud! He may have people watching."

He nodded and smiled, gently kissing my finger. We stared at each other in warm regard before I finally mustered the courage to confess my truth. "Donatello... I-"

"—Calla I love you." he blurted, making the room grow silent. I only froze as I heard his confession. It was the very phrase I was going to say to him.

Donatello

Love.

The four letter word that made me sane. Calla watched me with her beautiful almond shaped eyes; her skin glistened against the cloudiness of the water, each wave enveloping against her shiny body. I pulled a slender leg into my palm, gripping her ankle as I trailed my kisses against her skin.

Calla

My heart skipped as I heard his words but my spirit leaped for joy.
Is this what mother meant when things don't turn out your way?
Maybe I must grow through pain to see the end of the rainbow? And even then, Donatello numbed them all. He made me forget my past and the turmoil Leo put me through.

He pulled my hand into his lips, gently running his tongue against each finger. "Calla I love you and I am impatient to hide it any longer.
The way your eyes light up at the sound of the gentle waves.
The way your mind never stops working to find out the intricacies in life. Your intellect is on another realm and I am desperate to venture to it"

He pauses, kissing my finger again. "The way you light up a room when you walk in it" He kisses another and with each profession, he placed his delicate kisses across my skin.

"Your eyes, your lips, your skin. I am so in love with you it's reckless." His warm breath caressed each surface of my palm before his soft lips enveloped my cheek. He lifted his gaze and stared me down, making me unravel.

"I know your heart is broken Calla and he has broken it, but my heart is not

"I know your heart is broken Calla and he has broken it, but my heart is not. It is selfish
Selfish for you Calla. I am in love with you."

And there he goes again saying my name the only way I loved. I halted my breaths, for my heart was racing to swiftly.

I couldn't deny my feelings for Donatello but I was so entranced by his confession, I couldn't speak.

I thought of all the hours we spent in the library. The days we went in his boat or our quiet mornings watching the sunset and relishing in each other's company.  They were all moments I cherished, showing me what I truly needed... what I truly loved.

"I love you Donatello." I whisper carelessly. "I loved you since the day you pressed your lips onto mine. The first day you held me in your arms and saw me. I see you in the silent rays of the sun and the soft ripples in the sand. You remind me of everything I love. Everything that gives me peace."

He pulled me into his arms and kisses me carelessly, each of us smacking with heat until I broke from his warmth. "Sometimes I wish that I had never come here. That I stayed in Cedonia."

"Do you?"

"I do. But but then I know our reality now would have never transpired if I stayed back. I would still be giggling at the pages of a fairy book."

He pulled me into his arms, wiping the droplets of water from my neck. "I love you Donatello. I will love you forever and always."

"And I you Calla...forever and always." He vows. And what we did that night was indescribable. It was if two bodies combined not out of selfish desire but of pride and respect. As if we were meant to be molded into one.

Donatello was mine and I was his, forever.

——

Author Note:

Calla's big secret was to tell him "I love you"
No pregnancies!!

Hmmm...things are going too well? Would be a shame if I shook things up a bit?