ENDING- sadistic

(Y/n) knew something was wrong as soon as she woke up. She didn't even need to open her eyes to know she was in deep shit.

Her suspicions were confirmed when she did open her eyes and realised she was on a mattress in a dark room. She got to her feet despite the pain she was in and went to switch on the lights.

There was very little in the room aside from the mattress and a small chest of drawers. There was what she assumed was a window that had been boarded over in addition to two doors.

She headed towards one that took her to a windowless and dingy bathroom and then the other one was locked.

But the strangest thing about the room was the pale cloth pinned up to the wall.

(Y/n) furrowed her eyebrows and grabbed at the cloth. She pulled it slightly away from the wall and saw a sizable hole that it had been covering.

Even more confused, she pulled the cloth down with a tug and saw that the hole was at head height, it was large enough for her to stick her head out of it and she could see into another room.

An oddly familiar room at that...

"Wes..?" She asked with a slight edginess to her voice, she remembered the interior of his apartment from visiting it all those weeks ago.

He suddenly popped into her vision and approached the gap in the wall. "Hey... Look, don't panic. I'll explain everything."

(Y/n) crossed her arms. "What the fuck?"

"But first, I want to apologize for... For everything. Oh! I got you something. One second!" He exited the field of vision she had with the hole but then returned with a bunch of flowers. "These are for you."

Wes pushed the flowers through the hole and (Y/n) reluctantly took them.

"I can imagine that you're pretty scared but- but it's okay! Becuase I have this great system, you just stay in there and I'll stay out here. I can give you food or anything else you want through here and that way I won't feel... Tempted to hurt you...." He paused and averted his gaze for a moment. "I'm really working on fighting my tendancies. I love you, and I want to do better."

"Wes. You kidnapped me. You can't act like this is beneficial to me." (Y/n) stated matter-of-factly. "It's all well and good that you're going to try and not beat the shit out of me but I don't want to be here. I need to go to an uninfected community!"

"N-no! I can't be without you! I need you with me." He exclaimed, he sighed and lowered his voice. "I'm sorry because I know it's selfish but... But I can't help it, I don't want you to go." Wes hung onto a bit of the wall and stared downwards, even with all this terrible guilt he knew he'd feel even worse with the crippling loneliness that (Y/n)'s absense would bring him.

"You know this is wrong..." She said slowly but got no response from Wes. It seemed like he was wrapped up in his own thoughts.

(Y/n) hesitantly went to touch his hand but he flinched and pulled away. "D-don't touch me!! I don't want t-to lose control!...I might hurt you..." Wes stumbled away from the gap where he and (Y/n) could communicate. "This is why you need to stay in there, so you can be safe.."

"If you're that worried then surely I'd be safer away from you!" She pointed out.

"No... No! It's more complicated than that! I'm going to get better, I can fight it, I'll do anything!" It was unclear if Wes was even talking to (Y/n) or himself. "You just need to trust me and I know that's hard becuase I've fucked up but I'm trying to...no, I will make it better."

"That's not the point... I want to be free. You said you understood, you said you cared about the wants of uninfected people... What happened?"

"They're not you, I'm not in love with them and they're not trying to leave me." Wes got closer to the gap once more, wishing to hold (Y/n) but not trusting himself to do so. "You don't need to tell me it's hypocritical, I already know. I know it's wrong and I know you're sad and I'm disgusting but... I just love you too much to go a day without you. You're different to me and it's not logical but that's the way love is. It's... Crazy."

(Y/n) breathed out softly, she looked around the room she was in and then back at Wes on the other side of the wall. "So you're going to keep me here like a prisoner until you figure out your own issues..?"

"I'm selfish, (Y/n)... And you're so..." There were millions of adjectives Wes could use to describe (Y/n) but none of eloquence were coming to mind. "You're so good, and you don't deserve this. But believe me, I'm-"

"You're trying." She interrupted him. "I know."

"I'm not asking for forgiveness.. hell, I don't deserve it."

"Then what do you want? You're not an idiot, you know how I feel. What are expecting from me?"

Wes stayed silent, his lips quivered as he tried to from words. "I don't know." He whispered out. "All I know is that I want you." Wes looked away from her, not wanting to be subject to her frustrated glare. "I know it's not realistic, but I was hoping you'd come around eventually and... Love me back."

"Never." (Y/n) responded without hesitation.

Wes smiled joylessly as he had predicted her answer, he looked at her, the one he loved so deeply, and then quickly looked away again. "Turn off the light." He said while walking away so she could no longer see him. "You need some more rest."

-SADISTIC ENDING-

-END OF INFECTED-