XXII- better than

Lloyd excitedly stepped back to look at his shrine. He'd recently added some more pictures of (Y/n) that he'd printed out from that week. Her blue uniform in those pictures matched the overall color scheme beautifully.

The only trouble was that the edges were rather rough and choppy. Some guy from her house who he believed was her mentor just would not leave (Y/n) alone.

He wished he could do something about it as he felt inclined to, but Lloyd knew that (Y/n)'s brunette friend could probably break his neck with his pinky finger.

Lloyd scratched at his angry red rash while avoiding the areas that he'd placed band aids over due to scratching them too much and drawing blood.

His symptoms always flared up when (Y/n) wasn't in view, the shrine was supposed to help and it did a little but he just needed her there.

Just the thought of touching her was refreshing to his irritated senses.

His head aches more than anything but Lloyd just gulped down some water to try and forget about the pain.

The door to his dorm opened and Frankie entered, Lloyd lit up and wondered if she'd got the information he needed.

"I tried to talk to her but Gabriel wouldn't leave her alone." Frankie said sadly. "Sorry, he barely let me see her."

"Gabriel?"

"The guy who's been around her all week. He's a second year."

Lloyd frowned but then suddenly remembered Gabriel, they'd never really spoken but he shared a class with the pink-eyed male every Friday. "Oh... Okay." He responded to Frankie.

"Um, when do you think I can have a session with-"

"I'm really busy right now." Lloyd cut her off, his agitation increased tenfold and he grabbed at the sides of his head in pain.

"Are you-"

"I'm fine." He assured her. "You can go."

Frankie left her very strange mentor with a small sigh.

Lloyd stepped back until he stumbled onto his bed, everything hurt so badly. There was an urge to call his parents but there was little they could do about it, he knew the cause of this.

He groaned and moved until the foetal position, the only real way he could hope to alleviate this was by going to see (Y/n) but he wondered if he even had the physical capacity to stand at that moment.

Some of the sweat that had accumulated at the top of his head was wiped away by Lloyd's yellow sleeve. No matter how weak he felt he had to look out for (Y/n). He went to stand up and took his phone with him to hopefully observe her without the intrusion of Gabriel.

(Y/n) almost jumped up and down with joy when Gabriel had to go to an extracurricular that he was unable to bring (Y/n) along to due to lack of spaces.

She could have one whole hour away from him and her first stop was Wes. She felt slightly guilty for not going to Harvey since he was supposed to be her best friend but recently Wes was definitely inching him out, but she couldn't help it!

Wes knew she was uninfected and didn't care, besides Gabriel was only so-so about her talking to Harvey who she could see in classes. Wes's status meant that Gabriel would seldom allow her within ten feet of him.

But now Gabriel was off doing who cares and (Y/n) could find Wes.

They met just off campus as they usually did. "Someone's cheerful." He commented as (Y/n) dashed up to where he was sat.