XLIX- ticket out of hell

(Y/n) felt strangely cold that night, she'd grown more accustomed to sleeping with Gabriel for her liking. Despite that slight tinge of loneliness she was surprised when she actually managed to get to sleep.

She woke up late the next morning and was met with Clementine's parents when she walked into the kitchen as they laid out some breakfast for her.

"Good morning, dear, how did you sleep?" Polly, Clementine's mother, asked sweetly.

"Really well, thank you." (Y/n) said to her politely.

"I know you had a look at it last night but would you want something to put on your eye..? A cold rag? Some ice?" Polly followed up in concern.

(Y/n) declined, even though she was being offered she still felt guilty about it all.

"I think I'm going to try to get a bus out of town today." She announced. "Clementine sent me the location of a supposed uninfected community and there's a bus that can take me close enough to walk the rest of the way."

"If you need to stay longer then you're very welcome to." Ives said with a smile.

"Yes, and we can drive you anywhere you need to go." Polly added in agreement.

"I don't want to get you two in any trouble, I've got enough money to catch the bus. I really can't ask for anymore than what you've already given me." (Y/n) began to eat the warm food on her plate. "I can handle it, don't worry about me."

Ives and Polly looked at each other for a moment and then back at (Y/n). "We just don't want anything to happen to you, dear." Polly said. "Of course if you'd rather do this yourself then do be it, but we're happy to help."

(Y/n) was sat on the bed, she wondered if it was a good idea to send her parents a message. She missed them dearly and wouldn't want them to think she was dead or anything, even if she knew she couldn't see them again she still wanted to offer them closure.

She hesitantly turned the phone on and was immediately bombarded with texts upon texts from four of her contacts in particular. All the calls she'd missed from them were also racking up.

A small groan left her as she went to read through what they had to say, if not for her own sanity then for the sake of the small possibility that they may know where she is.

Gabriel: (Y/n)

Gabriel: (Y/n)

Gabriel: (Y/n)

Gabriel: (Y/n)

Gabriel: (Y/n)

Gabriel: Where are you?

Gabriel: I thought we were going together??

Gabriel: Have you heard the announcement? We need to leave.

Gabriel: (Y/n)

Gabriel: Just let me know you're safe

Gabriel: *please

Gabriel: Lloyd is with the nurse, you don't need to worry about him. I can bring you home just tell me where you are.

Gabriel: Please?

Gabriel: (Y/n)

Gabriel: (Y/n)

Gabriel: What's wrong? CALL ME WHEN YOU SEE THIS.