XXXIII- secret

After a busy day of activities and having dinner (Y/n) returned to the dormitory she and the other first year girls were staying in.

She had been talking a bit to Frankie, Lloyd's mentee. The girl seemed really nice but (Y/n) was careful not to let up too much for the fear of her obsessor.

"I swear to god I almost passed out!" Frankie laughed while talking her experience rock climbing. "I hate heights, they freak me out so bad."

"I get that, but you only made it four feet up?"

"I don't know what to tell you. I thought I was going to die."

The two girl snickered at the obvious humour behind Frankie's somewhat irrational fear of not only high heights but anything shy over a metre.

"(Y/n)! Over here!" Chloé exclaimed excitedly from her bunk bed. (Y/n) and Frankie shared a look before heading over to Chloé who had a wide smile on her face.

"What's up?"

"Someone has a little love letter~" Chloé giggled while handing over a slip of paper that had been folded over with (Y/n)'s written in it surrounded with hearts.

"... What about Skye?"

Chloé rolled her eyes. "Not from me, stupid."

"Who's it from then?"

"I don't know, I just got here and it was on my bed." The curly haired girl eagerly gestured towards (Y/n). "I've been holding myself back from opening it while you two took ages at dinner... Open it!"

(Y/n) furrowed her brows. "I'll read it in private..." She muttered. For all she knew this could be from Gabriel who was more than inclined to constantly reminding her of her status. While she wouldn't have pegged him as the type to do this sort of gesture she still wouldn't put it past him.

"You're no fun." Chloé pouted.

"Yeah, you've gotta tell us who it's from at least." Frankie added to which Chloé nodded enthusiastically.

"Sure..." (Y/n) trailed off vaguely, she could always just lie depending on what was written.

She climbed up to her bunk and unfolded the paper to read it up there while Chloé and Frankie discussed what it may say.

The letter read as follows:

(Y/n),

I'll make this brief because I'm not the best with words.

I love you.

Meet me at midnight by the north boundary on our last night here.

Eternally yours, your secret admirer

She blinked at the blunt letter.

"Who is it??" Chloé called up.

"It doesn't say... It's from a secret admirer." (Y/n) said in confusion at who this may be.

There were three possibilities in her mind.

The first was that this was Gabriel. It would make sense for him to say that he 'wasn't good with words' because (Y/n) already knew that about him. But his admiration for her hadn't been a secret for a while, to her at least. The only scenario she could see him sending this in would be as some sort of test where he could prove just how reckless she was.

It was unlikely... But possible.

The next scenario would be that this was from Lloyd. Even though it didn't strike her immediately since it was so short and he wasn't trying to be subtle anymore, he was getting more confident and this could be a trap. He could be using all this to put her off his scent and then she'd go in the middle of the night to see him in an isolated environment and that was his opportunity to take her. If he outright stated it was him then Lloyd knew that (Y/n) simply wouldn't show up.

(Y/n) could have been overthinking how smart Lloyd actually was but she couldn't be too careful.

The other possiblity was that it was literally anyone else and they were indeed a 'secret admirer', the key word being secret. The handwriting was awful so she figured it had been written with this person's non-dominant hand so it wasn't recognisable.

She folded the note back over and shivered slightly, she was at odds with herself on whether she should actually meet this person or not.

Part of her wanted to ask Gabriel and Lloyd if it was either of them but if it wasn't then that opened up a whole myriad of problems.

Meanwhile Frankie was having a bit of an inner crisis. She knew one thing about the identity of the writer: it sure as hell wasn't Lloyd.

She needed to know what that letter said and tell Lloyd before (Y/n) was taken from him.

Later that evening there was some time allowed for the participants on the trip to go out of their rooms to socialize.

Frankie made a beeline to Lloyd as soon as he was in view, (Y/n) watched her go and internally wondered if she knew anything about his involvement in the note. She wasn't sure if Frankie heading over to him was incriminating or if it actually absolved him.

(Y/n) headed towards Wes, since he was only a supervisor he didn't really partake in any of the activities. And as long as Gabriel was around then (Y/n) wouldn't get to say a word to her friend in the third year.

"Are you enjoying the trip so far?" He asked. He'd already been twice and remembered both times pretty fondly.

"Yeah, for sure."

"You haven't had any problems... Right?" Wes was obviously referring to both Lloyd and Gabriel, he knew what was at stake if one or the other were to figure out what was going on.

"Uhhh..." The note stuck out in (Y/n)'s mind. She really should say something to Wes, but then again it may not be any cause for concern. "No problems, all good."