VII- just like me

(Y/n) walked the courtyard after having been released from her final lesson that day. It was now the midweek and she could feel herself getting to know the campus better after just a few days.

Pretending these outlandish things were okay became scarily easier to (Y/n), she was searching for a middle between showing visible disgrace and fully accepting it.

"(Y/n)? Is that you?" She heard a voice from behind her.

(Y/n) turned to see a pair of familiar purple eyes, she had almost forgotten Wes said he went here despite him being two years her senior.

"Wes." She was pleased to see him, it certainly took the edge off knowing that there was at least one person who knew of her true status.

"How are you getting on?"

"Alright actually." (Y/n) said, surprised herself that she hadn't had any close calls.

"That's great, I was actually looking for you becuase there's someone I need to introduce you to." Wes set off right after saying this, clearly expecting (Y/n) to follow him without question.

She did so out of curiosity but couldn't help but feel on edge from the lack of information she had in that moment.

"Um, where are we going?" She asked as Wes led her out of the courtyard and through to a part of the campus she hadn't yet explored.

"I told you, I want you to meet my friend." He answered vaguely.

"Can I ask why?"

"We're almost here."

(Y/n) wondered if this was the greatest idea, his deep purple uniform reminded her that she was dealing with a sadistic. As much as she preferred to reject the ugly stereotypes... They were there for a reason.

They reached the edge of a field where several students were smoking, this was most likely an area to avoid any faculty members but just as (Y/n) thought Wes would stop here he pulled apart some of the bushes.

"She's just through here."

"You want me to go in there?" (Y/n) peered into the dense shrub. "Can you go first at least?"

Wes smirked at her. "There's nothing to be scared of... But if you're that worried about it." He headed in and (Y/n) climbed in behind him.

The plants became more sparse as soon as they got in and in an empty area (Y/n) could see two other students. Both wore green uniform which suggested they were possessives.

"(Y/n), this is Clementine." Wes gestured towards the young woman, she had bright orange eyes that lived up to her namesake. "Third year, possessive and uninfected."

(Y/n) eyes went wide. "You're uninfected?"

Clementine nodded calmly. "Uh-huh, Wes hooked me up with a fake identity card. He did Marco's too." She gestured towards the boy beside her.

He smiled gingerly at (Y/n).

"He's a first year too." Clementine added.

(Y/n) released a sigh. "It's so great to meet you, I thought I was gonna be pretty much alone here."

"I thought that too... I have a sort of underground group set up.. a club if you will, it's only for uninfected students... Oh, and Wes, but he's cool."

(Y/n) smiled at Wes and elbowed him playfully. "Super cool."

Wes laughed. "I'm warning you, there are only about four uninfected students here including Clementine. Ones that we know of at least, you two bring the total up to six."