XXVII- new confidence

The next day (Y/n) was sad to leave her family once again, she made sure to say a few more words to Gerry before she left but he was as distant as ever. She thought that maybe he'd give her some gesture like he did yesterday but that was too much to expect.

Her parents drove both her and Harvey back up to A.L.F.E. and left her there once more. She knew she probably wouldn't see them again for much longer this time since Gabriel didn't seem too happy about her departure and at the end of the day he called all the shots.

Speaking of Gabriel, she had to get back to his room as soon as she could to stop him from throwing a fit.

"It was nice spending the day with you." She said to Harvey with a gentle hand on his arm. "I gotta dash back to my dorm but I'll see you in class tomorrow."

Harvey smiled weakly, he was once again losing (Y/n) to her other commitments. He had better restraint than most others though and didn't reprimand her for having things going on in her life that didn't involve him- he allowed her to do pretty much what she wanted for now though in his mind that would change when they were officially together.

"See you then." He said and gave (Y/n) a tight squeeze though the hug lasted little over a second before (Y/n) was out of his arms and speed walking in the opposite direction.

(Y/n) was hurrying through the courtyard as she was sure that Gabriel would be ringing her phone in no time and wanted to return to him before he deemed it long enough to start devising a lecture.

She could hear him droning on already.

(Y/n) turned the corner and her body immediately collided with another who was sent to the ground.

"Oh god, I'm sorry!" Even though she was in a rush (Y/n) still crouched down to help the person she had knocked over. That was until she saw who it was. "Lloyd." She said in slight surprise, she hasn't shared a word with him ever since he told her his true feelings.

The turquoise haired boy rubbed his head but then looked up with wide childlike eyes when he heard (Y/n)'s voice.

She was about to stand back up without helping him but before she could he had latched onto her and was burying his face in her neck.

"(Y/n)!" Her name was muffled since his lips were against her skin, not even kissing her as he was just resting his face there as he breathed in her sweet scent heavily. Being this close to her was something he'd never even experienced and was so soothing to all the aches, sores and sweats he'd become plagued with.

"Ugh, get off me." She tried to push Lloyd away but he ended up half-tackling her down. They were outside near one of the school fields and it was quiet around since it was a Sunday and most were in their houses or out of school.

Lloyd pinned (Y/n)'s arms above her head. "I missed you so much..." He said with a lovesick tone, despite this sudden confidence he still seemed unable to look directly into her eyes as he focused more on every other part of her body.

"Leave me alone, I have to get to my dorm." She writhed underneath him but Lloyd's sickly smile didn't leave.

"You look so perfect right now, I have to get a picture!" He let go of one of her wrists to get his phone out of his pocket and (Y/n) used this opportunity to try and fight him off. She scratched off one of the band aids on his rash and Lloyd hissed in pain. He took control of her hand once more and rolled his eyes. "I suppose I'll have to picture you like this another time." He mumbled.

"There's not going to be another time!" (Y/n) cried out. She could see just behind Lloyd a few students and even a teacher walking by but they pretty much ignored what appeared to be a little lover's quarrel.

"Oh, there will be... When I have you to myself I'll get plenty of pictures of you beneath me like this." Lloyd leaned down and nuzzled against her again, not losing his grip. "I'll tie those wrists to my bed post and get you dressed up nice and pretty, all in blue just like your uniform that you look so cute in."

(Y/n) shook her head aggressively and brought her knee up, while she didn't quite hit the delicate area she was aiming for she still startled him enough to wriggle free.

However, Lloyd's daze didn't last too long before he too was on his feet and he had grabbed (Y/n) again.

"Let go!" She shouted.

"I just want to talk to you! Can I show you something in my dorm??"

"No-"

"Hey!" A new voice called from behind (Y/n), before she could turn to see who it was she was pulled back.

"Clementine..." (Y/n) sighed in relief.

Anxiety overtook Lloyd's face as he paled several shades. "A-apologies."

"I don't want you to bother her again." Clementine stepped towards him and looked upon the nervous boy in disgust. "Got it?"

Lloyd peered at (Y/n) who was now behind the older girl. He stared at his beloved longingly. He was snapped out of this state when Clementine grabbed his by his collar.

"Got. It?" She repeated slowly.

"G-got it!"

Clementine let him go and Lloyd shamefully hurried off towards his house, she turned to (Y/n). "You need to be careful with the obsessive type, they don't seem that bad at first but they can really jump out at you."

"Thank you so much." (Y/n) praised the older girl.

"It's nothing." Clementine shrugged. "You coming to the meeting tonight?"

"Oh, I almost forgot about that." (Y/n) said while brushing down her wrinkled clothes. "I'll be there."

Clementine smiled and nodded. "Cool, try to stay safe, alright?"

"I'll try." (Y/n) laughed nervously but then her mind began to trail off.

Shit! Gabriel!

She began to sprint towards the protective house.

It was the middle of the night when (Y/n) saw Wes. She had yet again managed to sneak out of the protective house without getting caught.

Something that surprised her when sharing a bed with Gabriel was that he was a heavier sleeper than she would've thought, what (Y/n) didn't know was that he had never been like that before and it was her presence that helped him get to sleep so deeply.

"How was your family?" Wes asked her.

"They seemed well, I'm glad." She answered briefly.

"And things with Lloyd and Gabriel? Is all of that under control?" He asked in concern.

(Y/n) winced. "There was a slight situation with Lloyd today but Clementine sorted it out." She shuddered at the memory from earlier that day. "Gabriel's exactly the same as always." She sighed. "I had to practically pry him off me tonight but he didn't wake u-"

"Pry him off of you?" Wes tilted his head to the side, his purple eyes narrowed. "What are you talking about?"

"He's not handsy at all, I don't even think he realises he does it. When he's asleep he'll sort of hug me like a stuffed animal, his dorm room is actually kind of cold so I don't mind." (Y/n) said but Wes still looked confused.

"Since when did you two share a bed?" He said under his breath.

"It's fine, Wes, it's sort of the last thing I'm worried about."

Wes bit his lip, it may have been not what (Y/n) was focusing on but he couldn't help but be envious of her mentor.

"Let's not talk about me. How are you?" (Y/n) changed the topic promptly.