ENDING- protective

"You're okay.."

(Y/n) couldn't tell if she was dreaming or not.

"It's time to wake up."

There was someone talking to her from beyond  the blackness that enveloped her vision.

".. come on, (Y/n). Please be okay."

She finally forced her eyes open and immediately matched the words that had been said to the face of her mentor that loomed above her. A look of relief crossed his face when he saw her waking.

Before (Y/n) could really react he pulled her torso into a hug. "Oh, thank God, I was so worried."

"Gab-"

"Wait." He commanded her while carefully placing her back down against the mattress. This allowed (Y/n) to gather her bearings to a certain extent but all she could really figure out was that she was in a bedroom.

Gabriel had stood from the bed and went over to a desk, he muttered something unintelligible beneath his breath while shuffling through some stuff before returning to sit at (Y/n)'s side.

"I've got you some painkillers that should help." He pointed to the nightstand. "There's some water to help you take it and then I'll get some ice for your eye."

"Gabriel-" She stopped speaking when he lifted her to sit up straight and placed two pills in the palm of her hand. (Y/n) sighed to herself and placed them both in her mouth and then grabbed the bottle of water to wash them down with.

He smiled at her action and then stood up and left the room, presumably to go get the ice he had mentioned.

(Y/n) frowned when she heard a click after he shut the door. Did he just lock her in? She went to stand up and stumbled a bit before going up to where Gabriel had just exited from.

She pulled and shoved at the door but it wouldn't open.

After a few seconds of trying the door was pushed into her from the outside.

"Hey, what's going on?" She remarked in confusion when Gabriel returned with the ice.

He quickly began to usher her back to the bed. "You've got to lie down." He said quietly. "You're hurt."

(Y/n) was pushed into the mattress and she grunted as Gabriel pulled the duvet back over her.

"Just stay still and I can make you alright."

He delicately held the ice to her black eye and while it soothed the pain there, (Y/n)'s main concerns lied in where she was and why.

"Please, what is happening?" She asked again.

"I told you what would happen if A.L.F.E. became too dangerous for you..." Gabriel trailed off.

(Y/n) shook her head in disbelief but before she could verbally respond Gabriel had beaten her to it. "Come on now, don't move your head around."

"You can't just... Keep me here."

"It's not safe out there." He stated. "I should have done this sooner, maybe then you wouldn't have had to get hurt."

She tried to sit up but Gabriel held her down quite easily with his free hand. "What about you? You're just not going to go to school anymore?"

"I need to stay here and protect you." He hummed contentedly. "We're in my father's home-"

"What?!"

Gabriel was quick to jump in and hush her. "I won't let him hurt you, I swear. We won't need to stay long, just until I can afford my own place."

"Is he here..?"

"Not right now... He'll be home soon but I've made it very clear that he isn't to come in here." Gabriel glared at the door. "And you won't be leaving anytime soon so there's no reason for you to see each other."

"So what? I just stay in bed all day, rotting away? Is that what you want for me??" She contended in upset, the only way to stop her oncoming sadness was to replace it with anger.

"Of course not, this arrangement is temporary." He removed the ice and carefully touched the bruised area. "And don't say rotting away as if I'm not going to look after you. I'm going to take excellent care for you and it'll be so much easier when it can just be us."

(Y/n) choked on a small cry, she didn't want to be stuck here forever. But she also knew that her being stuck meant that Gerry was too, without her to help him he was as good as helpless back in her old house.

Gabriel saddened when seeing those tears well up in her eyes, he never wanted to cause (Y/n) any anguish- the opposite in fact.

"Don't think of it like being trapped... I'm saving you and protecting you from all the people who want to harm you, I won't let them. Isn't that great?" He received no response other than more tears so he kept going. "You'll never feel pain again as long as you're with me."

"No..." She whined. "You... You make my heart hurt, I want to be free."

Gabriel rolled his eyes. "You only say that because you're uninfected, you don't understand what your priorities should be."

"I know what I need better than you do!" Her volume picked up significantly. "You don't know what's best for me so stop acting like you do!!"

Gabriel watched her little outburst curiously, not really taking her words seriously. "... So foolish." He mumbled.

"Fuck off."

"And so dramatic too."

(Y/n) glowered at him, tear stains still clung to her cheeks.

"Say whatever you want and you can even believe it too if you're stupid enough to. I'm not letting you go. I need you here, you won't survive without me. I'm saving you, can't you see that?" Gabriel ranted and then softened, he smiled gently and caressed (Y/n)'s face. "I'm doing this becuase I love you."

-PROTECTIVE ENDING-

-END OF INFECTED-