XXI- fake friends

It annoyed (Y/n) quite how easily Chloé just brushed off the notion of her going to sleep in Gabriel's room, her roommate even congratulated her as if she was entering an intimate relationship with him.

(Y/n) wouldn't allow anything of that kind to happen.

That first night Gabriel had slept on the floor since there was only his bed, and while usually (Y/n) would feel guilty about such an arrangement she was just done with him at that moment.

In the morning though she returned to her own room to get ready for the day since that was where all of her things were stored and there wasn't enough storage space in Gabriel's room to properly move in.

There are arrangements that can be taken for students in relationships for them to share rooms, even if they're in different year groups or houses. But they'd need to wait until the new semester to make those changes.

(Y/n) was hoping that by then this whole thing would've blown over and both Lloyd and Gabriel would be out of her life.

The next day she knew she had to talk to Wes but that would be difficult with Gabriel attached to her, he walked her to every class and she was mostly focused on keeping his presence hidden.

If Harvey were to know what was going on then he'd go and pick a fight and Gabriel would take her away, and god knows how Lloyd would react.

She walked out of her last class of the day and as expected Gabriel stood right outside of the door.

He wordlessly took her hand and began to walk back to their house. "How was your lesson?"

"Fine." She answered bluntly. Gabriel knew (Y/n) was mad at him, he expected nothing less from someone uninfected such as herself. It was just the way her kind was- stubborn and ever in denial.

Once they got back to the protective house (Y/n) hurried some excuse about having to grab something from her dorm room. He allowed her to rush off on her own and luckily when she got there Chloé was there.

"Hey, (Y/n), I haven't seen you all d-"

"I need you to distract Gabriel for me. He's in his room, it's important." (Y/n) said swiftly.

"... Why?"

"It's... I'm protecting him! I can't tell you." (Y/n) thought up on the spot.

Chloé smiled lovingly and placed her hand to her heart. "Awwe, of course I'll help you." She said sweetly.

(Y/n) grinned as Chloé exited to go find Gabriel. Now she need to think over how to get to Wes, she couldn't text him since she knew that Gabriel went through her phone. She grimaced at the thought of having to go back into the sadistic house.

The uninfected girl hurried through the sadistic house, her blue uniform making her stick out like a sore thumb.

She was up on the senior floor in search of Wes. "Hey... You're (Y/n), right?" The girl who had attacked her last time purred.

With no time to waste, (Y/n) just shoved Noelle aside and kept marching to Wes's room. She winced as she heard Noelle impact the wall and cry out, the possibility of the older girl wanting revenge made (Y/n)'s feet quicken beneath her.

If Gabriel found out she was here or if she got hurt then it was over for her, he'd take her away somewhere and no one would even think about retrieving her.

She didn't bother knocking and just paraded into his room without any announcement.

"(Y/n)!" Wes yelped in surprise, he sat up from his bed where he had been laying down with a book. "I thought I told you not to come here."

"I couldn't text or call you. Gabriel goes through my phone so I had to delete your number." She said breathlessly.

"Gabriel...? Isn't he your mentor?" Wes clarified in confusion.

(Y/n) nodded and then rested her hands on her knees to catch her breath before explaining what happened yesterday and what the implications of this were.

Wes listened in shock, his mouth stayed open after she was done and was waiting for him to say something. "I... Don't know what to say."

She winced, this was meant to give her some clarity and calm her down.

"Some advice would be nice?"

"I guess you should stay out of trouble.." Wes muttered though that was already obvious enough.

(Y/n) rolled her eyes. "I need to get him off my back... What's the likelihood of him getting bored enough to leave me alone?"

Wes wasn't quite in the right headspace to give advice. Yet another person was after (Y/n), yet another person who'd likely treat her better than he could. Even if Gabriel was being overbearing at least he wasn't putting his hands on her or-

No. Wes needed to stop thinking that way. His sadistic strain didn't define him and he could be good for (Y/n)! He had to be.

"I'm really sorry." He said vaguely, having no true idea on how to help her in any meaningful way. "Have you told anyone else?"

"No one..." (Y/n) didn't mention Chloé sort of knowing because then Wes would know she was sharing a room with Gabriel. She didn't quite know why she left that part out but she did anyway. Should she tell Wes?... No, what was the point? It wasn't like he was being extremely helpful.

They shared a quick yet warm hug when (Y/n) announced that she needed to return to Gabriel so he didn't blow a fuse. She had been unable to appreciate in the short time here quite how nice it was to be away from him.

Wes almost collapsed after (Y/n) left, of course it had to be her that he fell for. The uninfected girl with three guys already in love with her and one of them was now dictating her every movement.

He couldn't allow Gabriel to take her away, he had to... He had to get her first- in a very altruistic way in which (Y/n) was fully willing of course. Wes refused to be ruled by his strain that told him to not give a shit about her feelings and just serve his own.

A pounding came at his door but before Wes could allow the person in his door flung open.

"Your bitch pushed me!!" Noelle cried as she entered.

"My bit- what are you talking about?"

Noelle rolled her eyes. "Sort out (Y/n) or I will." She barked before leaving with a slam of his door.

'Sort out (Y/n).' He thought to himself.