25| 'gay' + fergalicious

Rider

The party was about a week ago, but it wasn't even as fun as I had hoped or expected.

Daniel had stayed out of trouble, for the most part, and had locked himself safely away in my room to watch television the whole time. I let him.

If the kid wanted to stay anti-social, why not let him? I really do need to talk to Dustin real soon, though. I never got around to it after I found out about that thing.

Apparently, Hailey helped him out with online dating. I don't even know why she would help him out with something like that, to be honest. She likes him, and the rest of us know it. Well, Dan found out somehow. He and his big mouth told the rest of us. He wanted to tell Dustin, too, but Seth and I made sure he didn't.

Currently, I was sitting on my living room sofa watching one of the best shows in the world. Seriously, it's got the drama, the action, the romance, etc. I don't even think there's a better show out there.

"Rider, I thought I told you to–" My mom began to say as she walked into the room, but stopped when her eyes landed on the television. "...is that My Little Pon—"

"Yes, mom. Now, get out of my grill. I didn't invite you," I cut her off, turning my attention back to the television.

"Honey, if there's something we need to talk about..."

"MOM!"

"Okay, okay. But, seriously, if you ever need help with– oh, I don't know. An opening of the closet..."

I turned around in my spot on the couch and stared at her. My jaw has officially dropped.

"I'm not gay!?"

"Oh. I see... just give it some time, darling. You know you can always talk to me—"

"Get out," I demanded, pointing towards the hall.

"I just—"

"Nope. Get out," I repeated.

"Okay, fine. Oh, yes, and please put your clothes away when you get around to it," My mom told me before walking off down the hall.

Hey, I refuse to have someone near me who thinks I'm something I'm not. I don't care if she's my mom, Jesus, or Oprah. Nobody's going to waltz in here and call me gay. Nope, nope, nope. I'm not having it.

It's not that I have anything against the word or anything, it just irks me when someone assumes someone is something based on how they act, not what they feel. I mean, nobody but me knows how I feel, no? I can assure my mom that I'm one hundred percent straight-o-mundo, but it's whatever.

I sighed and turned my attention back to the show I was watching.

"Honey," My mom called, walking back into the room.

What, now? Geez.

"Hm?" I hummed, looking over my shoulder at her.

"Do you masturbate?"

Hold on. What?

"Mom, I think you should leave. Now," I stated, shaking my head.

I mean, what kind of parent asks that sort of thing? Privacy exists for a reason, duh.

"I was just asking if—"

"ONCE! I DID IT ONCE!" I screamed back, totally wanting her to leave me alone.

It's not the truth, please. I'm a virgin child of pure innocence and zero sins. Ha, that wasn't the truth, either.