30| epilogue

Seth

That boy is so clueless that it's almost funny. I happened to glance over at Winnie. She was smirking even though we had just witnessed our friend run out of the house in near waterworks.

Rude. But, I didn't bother to keep looking over at her because there was way more important business to attend to.

"Well?" I question staring at Dustin.

"What?"

Rider pinched the bridge of his nose and looked skyward. Even he was getting fed up with this kid's obliviousness. Glad I'm not the only one.

"Are you going to go after her or...?" Dan asked, speaking up for me.

"Why?"

Rider released a heavy groan. Same, brother. Same.

"I'm not even keeping this in any longer," Dan said, absolutely irritated. "She likes you, man. Hailey. She's loved you forever. You're just too blind to see it. Dude, open your eyes for once in your life. She only helped you make a dating site because Hailey loved you enough to let you go."

"I know."

All three of us stared at him.

"What do you mean 'I know'!?" Rider was beyond shook. Me too.

"I know she likes me. I have for a while. I'm not an idiot," Dustin stated simply, shaking his head.

We all just stared at him for a while. How in the world could we even begin to comprehend this? This was huge. This was so wrong.

"And? Why would you just do that to her?" Dan fumed.

"Who says I don't like her?"

Rider's jaw dropped and Dan stared with wide eyes.

"Ah, let's go over the facts here. Oh, wait. There's only one. The fact that you got a girlfriend and told it to her face like that," I responded.

Dustin sighed.

"Seriously, Dustin. This isn't even funny right now," Rider added on.

"Did it make her jealous?"

"What kind of question even is tha—"

"Just answer the question," Dustin cut in.

"Well, duh. Of course it did," I dead-panned.

"And did she want me more after I started hanging out with Winnie?"

"Uh... yes?" Daniel answered, sounding extremely concerned and confused as to where this was headed.

Where was he going with this?

"Then I have scored."

"What?" Rider asked, basically voicing my thoughts.

"I have officially won in the battle of love."

"How the hell do you call that a win?" I snapped, wanting to rant about how he was an idiot and about how girls were strong, but had sensitive hearts and that he couldn't just make what he just did a career; however, he began speaking in response before I got a chance.

"She loves me more, now. Hailey's obviously beyond in love with me because her feelings never changed. They just grew. I don't really like her that much because she's my friend. I figured that if she can keep those feelings and wait that maybe mine would grow, too. I just had to make her jealous. Otherwise, none of this would be successful."

Where did he learn this from? Last time I checked, Wikipedia did not have any of this information.

"So, you like her?"

"Not anymore," He stated simply, brushing off the sleeve of his shirt, even though there seriously hadn't been anything there. Maybe it's a nervous habit. Yeah. I'll stick with that.

"But, you just gave that speech about how you sort of liked her!" Dan exclaimed.

We're obviously confused.

"You want to know what I feel now?"

"Yes," The three of us replied.

"I love her."

_+_

Should I make the the sequel right away or..?