19| phone problems and contagious insanity

• Dedicated to All of you supportive guys :)

Dustin

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU KILLED HER!?" Hailey screamed.

"Well, um... we all killed her," Seth replied nervously.

Wait, I don't remember holding a weapon to anyone recently... or ever, come to think of it.

"Woah, I didn't kill anyone," Dan said, just as lost as I was.

YAY I'M NOT ALONE!

What the heck, Dustin, calm down.

No. Yes. No. Yes.

These are the times in which I question my sanity and life choices.

"Well, actually, we all kind of did. She killed herself because of us..." Rider explained.

"WHAT DID I EVER DO TO HER!?" Hailey screamed, frustrated and shocked.

Never mind. We need to question Hailey's sanity, not mine. I'm perfectly normal... I think?

"Geez, oh my gosh. Take a chill pill, Hailey. I think if we need to blame anybody here... it should be Dan," Seth said, the strength of his last sentence bothering me.

Dan nodded along in agreement until he finally realized what Seth actually said.

"WHAT!? WHY ME!?" He yelped.

"Nerds are always the suspicious ones," Rider clarified.

"No!"

"Yes!"

"Ugh, guys, shut up. No one wants to hear it. Basically, that day pretty much ruined her life," Seth said.

"What day?" I asked.

"The day she wanted to cheat on me with Dan." He stated simply.

"Oh, well, she was a brat and needed to die. Good day, I'm out of here. The coppers will never catch me yet," Hailey said quickly, already walking towards the door.

Okay, that was pretty harsh.

"Um... where do you think you're going?" Rider asked confused.

"Anywhere you people aren't. I can NOT have 'assisted with murder' on my personal record and database," Hailey said as if we were all stupid.

Ouch.

"Ow, that hurt," Dan said.

"Hey, I'm only stating the truth," Hailey replied, leaving the house.

"Well, now we know who to hand over to the cops first," Seth noted.

"Definitely," Dan agreed.

"Wait a minute..." I trailed off, thinking back to earlier conversations, "How did you know all of that?"

"Who? Me?" Rider asked, confused.

"No. I meant Seth," I said.

"How did I know what?" He asked.

"How did you know we ruined her life and it was our fault? Besides, how would you know it all happened the day Rider, Dan, and you went with her to the arcade?" I questioned.

"Oh..."

"Yeah, how'd you know?" Rider suddenly asked, realizing exactly what I did. At least, I hope he was catching on.

"Aheh, it's a real funny story," Seth laughed nervously.

Immediately, we all knew there was something more to the story.

"Spill it," I demanded.

"Spill what?" Seth asked, playing it off.

Geez. We aren't that stupid.