28| obsessions + sisters

Rider

It sucks that my obsession's back. Video Games. Sure, they may seem harmless, but I take them to a larger extent than you'd know. I obsessed over them so much, once, that I was put in some therapeutic place. It sucked. Never again, I tell you. Never again.

If it had been for just a week, maybe I'd have been able to live. But, no. I went there for seven, whole months. Do you know how hard that is? They expected me to take valuable time out of my day just to go to some lame room where someone asked me how I felt that day. I'm not insane. I think I'd know if I were insane or not. I just really, really love video games. Is that so wrong? I think not.

But, of course, when my mom had thought that I had taken my obsession to a far enough extent, she decided enough was enough. Do you know how that made me feel? Not good. That's exactly what I had told the therapist that first day I went to that place. I told them that I hated them. They didn't care.

I mean, I'm hurting their non-existent feelings. I don't just sleep, eat, feel, and breathe the thug life. No. I live it.

I swear that if there was an award for being the most awesome person on Earth, it would go to me. I mean, aren't I in deservance of thus award? I think so. It doesn't even matter if someone would answer "no".

Let me just see how much flying saucers I give. Oh, wait. None. I just slayed. My self-portrait should be in the urban dictionary under the word "slay". No, seriously. I wonder if you can apply for that.

Hm... anyways, I probably should get to my video games. I quickly started up my Xbox 360. I watched it boot up and I started tearing up. I've missed it so much. I had stopped playing as much after therapy, even though I was allowed to play them.

It wasn't that I was banned from it, I was just caught up in all of the drama my new friends had brought along with them. I have gone on a couple of times, but my friends have never been on at the right time. I mean, come on. What good is Xbox Live if you have nobody to talk to or play online with?

"Hey, sweeti– are you crying?"

I was? Oh. I looked over my shoulder at my mom who stood in the doorway. "No. I just got some dust in my eyes. You should really clean this room," I sniffled.

"Oh, alrigh– wait, hold on."

Oh. She caught on.

"Video games. Of course. It had to be video games," My mom sighed.

I quickly wiped my eyes. "I never invited you to my barbecue. Get out of my grill, woman," I said, making her stare harshly at me. Guess I forgot she was my mom. "Please?"

"Fine, whatever. Just don't take things too far."

"Oh, you mean like how you took things too far with dad?"

She stared at me confused, obviously not sensing the deeper meaning of what I had said. "Well, I'm obviously standing here today, now aren't I?"

My mother gasped, shaking her head. "I am ashamed you would even think of such a thing!"

"Love you, too," I responded, staring at her until she whipped around and walked off.

I sighed and turned back to my television. Wonder if my friends would finally be on today. Probably not. They were all losers anywa– oh wait. I take that back. I quickly accepted my friend, CayDaBoss86's party invite.

"Yo, bro. Where've you been? I thought you were done with that stupid therapy stuff," He asked, quite confused.

"Oh. I just got these new friends and all of their additional drama drove me away from video games for a while. But, no worries, dawg. I'm pretty sure I'm back for now," I explained.

My friend gasped. "You left me for real life friends!?"

"Haha, yeah. Sorry about that. But, to be fair here, they were my online friends. It just so happened that we sort of met in real life after that one chat room I had told you about before."

He sighed. "It's cool, I get it. My sister had the same thing happen to her once before, too."

"But doesn't your sister annoy you?"

"Are you kidding me? Of course she does! I was certainly glad to get her out of my hair for about... roughly a week. But, then she started having boy problems. I've got no other siblings and my parents live in another state so obviously, she came to me."

"That must suck, man."

Hey. I took pity over my friend. I would hate if that had happened to me. Good thing I don't have a sister.

"It really does. I tried to get her to go play with her other friends that she had met over a chatroom one day, but no. She has to come to me," He told me, aggravated.

"Well, have you ever asked if her friends were guys? Maybe she can't talk to them because they're all guys," I suggested. Smart Rider is in the house.

"Oh, hell no. She better not try and hang around a bunch of guys. I will kill her," He fumed.

"Woah, there, buddy old pal of mine. Maybe they're good guys."

"Whatever," He sighed. "I just want her love life to be taken somewhere elsewhere."

"Have fun trying to get her to stop loving whoever it is. My friend is obsessed with this guy I know and she never stops talking about him. It's all 'I love him' this and 'I love him' that. It gets so annoying," I told him.

It was almost like girls were on their periods 25/8. So emotional.

"True. Same over here. You're lucky you don't have a sister."

"But, I mean, I guess I've always wanted one."

"What? Trust me, Rider, you do not want a sister. Have you ever had a girlfriend before?"

"Yeah."

"Well, sisters are like that. Only, they're worse."

"Ew."

"Exactly," My friend responded.

"Wait, I just realized something."

"What?"

"You know my name since it's in my username. But, I don't know yours."

"Cayden. My name's Cayden."

_+_+_

My brother, Dusky022 said that he better be mentioned in this update and that apparently, he will be checking.

Okay, so he's on chapter seven and he wanted to rub in all of your faces that he guessed that CayDaBoss86 was Cayden from the beginning. The username was mentioned in two other chapters besides this and that's how my brother guessed it. He's nine.