11| two days later + 'no way'

Hailey

I don't know how long I've been in this blasted coma. All I know is that Cayden has stopped by a bunch of times, along with Dustin... like every frickin' hour. It at first annoyed me, like, WHY CAN'T PEOPLE JUST LEAVE A GIRL TO HER THOUGHTS!? Eh, it doesn't annoy me anymore, though. I learned Dustin was actually Dstn98. Surpised me silly. Seriously. I thought I'd have a heart attack; he's freaking lucky I didn't. I unfortunately, however, learned about his ever-so-unfortunate life. I mean, WHAT KIND OF DAD DOES THAT!? He really needs to move out....now. I sighed. Wait... sighed? Maybe I can... nope. I still can't. Beep. Ah, yes. That beep that reminds me of my horrible position right now. Beep. It better shut up. Now. Beep. I am going to kill something. I decided to just tune out the annoying as heck noise.

"Hey, sis, I really am sorry," Cayden said, suddenly entering my room I guess.

Man, he's been apologizing wayyyy too much. It was my fault, anyways. Geez. Can't he get that through his thick head!? I heard a chair move around which made me guess that he sat down.

"Do you um... I'm sorry," He repeated.

Geez. I will kill that boy.

"I didn't know you were going to do tha- I'm so sorry," Cayden trailed.

That's it.

"I WILL KILL YOU IF YOU APOLOGIZE ONE MORE TIME!"

It took me a minute to realize I was the one who screamed that and now I was sitting up, glaring at him. Oh, heavens, you should've seen his face. He looked like he wet himself.

"Uh-wha-how?" Cayden stammered at a total loss for words.

I smirked.

"You know, I'm enjoying myself a lot right now," I told him.

"I hate you," He huffed.

"How long was I um... in limbo?" I asked him curiously.

"Uh...two days?"

"Shoot," I sighed.

Cayden realized what I meant, now smirking wildly.

"Haha, part of your spring break down the drain."

"Forget you," I pouted.

I looked towards the doorway and saw a boy standing there awkwardly.

"Hi, I'm uh-" He began but I immediately interrupted him.

"DUSTIN!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, racing towards him and enveloping him in a very tight hug that was probably completely unnecessary, but, heh.

"Uh..." He stuttered, absolutely shocked and confused.

"Um, sis, let him go; you'll kill him," Cayden joked.

I released what I hoped was Dustin and glared at Cayden.

"You are Dustin, right?" I asked the boy hopefully.

"Uh... yeah, but how did you... wait. No," He said, suddenly realizing I had heard him all that time during the coma.

"Shat," Dustin muttered under his breath.

"Well, thank you for helping me," I said, grinning brightly.

"Oh, uh, no problem," He told me.

"Oh, she's up!" A doctor exclaimed, rushing into the room.

"If you two could leave..." She trailed, gesturing to the two boys in my room.

"Ugh, doctors- those demanding pieces of crap," Cayden huffed under his breath so that only Dustin and I could hear as he pushed past us and out the door.

Dustin smirked and I laughed.

"Well, uh, bye...uh.."

"Hailey," I said with a smirk.

Dustin stared at me in shock before turning and leaving the room. MUAHAH! He knows. Okay, I'm gonna stop my weird mind from giving me these weird thoughts. Nevermind, it's impossible. I sighed and turned to the doctor.

"Well, I guess after a few things you can leave here later," The doctor explained.

YES!

Seth

"So, this will be a secret for now, yeah?"

"Uh-huh. I just can't keep away from you," She hummed.

"I love you, Dakota."

"I love you, too, Seth," Dakota replied.

"If anything, we can't tell Rider, okay?"

"Don't worry," She replied with a grin.

"Oh, you're so amazing," I told her, leaning in and kissing her on the lips.

She immediately kissed back, but we pulled away after a few minutes.

"I really wish we could continue," I sighed.

"I know, but we're in public, really. I mean, for heaven's sake, we're doing this in the park," She reminded me.

"We should hang at my place and maybe... kiss for a while? Enjoy each other's company, and maybe watch a film?" I suggested, slightly unsure of what to say.

"That'd be nice," Dakota responded with another grin.

I looked around quickly, just incase anyone we knew just happened to see us. Nothing unusual. I turned my attention back to a slightly concerned Dakota.

"Everything okay, babe?" She asked.

"Yeah, I just had to make sure nobody saw us," I reassured her.

"One day soon, we will be able to tell the public, right?" Dakota asked, hope shining in her hazel eyes.

I didn't answer her. I really didn't know how. Things get around fast, especially when you're in school still. I just- I can't let Rider find out. He'll be destroyed. I mean, it's not like he loved her anymore, but just to know his best friend did this to him... yeah, he would definitely be heart-broken. I can't lose him. He's been my best friend since first grade. But then again, I can't lose her. She's the love of my life; I've had a crush on her since before Rider ever dated her. Let me tell you, I was beyond jealous. I'm glad Rider can be the oblivious little knuckle-head he is, otherwise, I'd be doomed.

"So, when will we be heading to your house?" She asked curiously.

"Now, I guess," I nearly sighed, but added on with a smile, "Wait, one more thing."

I leaned in and we kissed for a few more minutes before something utterly heart-wrenching happened. Somebody I hoped would never come by... well? They did. I immediately pulled away from the kiss.

"No way."

_+_+_+_

Have a good day.