10| new dog + comatic equation

Rider

I sighed. I probably– no. I totally messed things up with Dan. Man, I barely even know what I did. Eh, all I know is that I did something he obviously didn't care for. I sighed and stared at the now clean Beagle puppy who kept bouncing around with Odin. I seriously don't know who left him. All I know is that the doorbell had rung, Odin started barking up a storm, and when I got out there, there was nothing but the dog. Oh, well. Dibs for me, then!

"So, Odin, any idea what we should be naming that little guy?" I asked as I watched them play.

Odin didn't even lift his eyes from his playmate as they kept rough-housing around my bedroom.

"Guys, cut it out. Odin, any idea on a name?" I repeated, staring intently at the oblivious dog.

The two dogs exchanged barks and continued to tackle each other to the ground.

"IT WOULD BE NICE IF SOMEONE IN THIS HOUSE LISTENED TO ME FOR A CHANGE!" I screamed out.

The dogs ignored me. Well, this is just dandy. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"Rider?"

I turned to the door to see my father standing in the doorway.

"Uh, someone's at the door for you, but I just so happened to notice you sounded like your mother a minute ago," He explained awkwardly before leaving.

Whaaatttt? Nah. I did not- oh, fish sticks.

I was playing video games....well, Call of Duty Black Ops 2 at the minute with an online friend. This was such an intense match.

"Rider? What would you like for dinner?" My mom asked.

AH, CHIZ! He killed meeee. NOOOOO!

"Rider? What would you like for dinner?" She asked again, this time a little bit louder.

"HAHA, GOT YOU!" I screamed out in joy as I killed CayDaBoss86.

"IT WOULD BE NICE IF SOMEONE IN THIS HOUSE LISTENED TO ME FOR A CHANGE!" She screamed before storming out of my room.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can not EVER turn into her! One, I'd have to be a woman and trust me, these amazing looks...would totally make the guys jealous, and I don't need to date a guy. Just...NO! Also, she's wayyy too demanding. Totally not me. I got up and ran down the stairs. Who could be here at this hour!? I looked over at the living room clock as I passed. 10 PM. Great. Well, this was just perfect. My dad's probably leading me to my doom. MY OWN DEMISE! It's probably some pedophile or killer that wants to murder m- OH! Aha...never mind. The familiar boy ran a hand through his messy brown hair.

"Sorry," Dan said simply.

"It's, um, cool? Do you want to come in...?" I asked.

Dan looked around for a minute before shrugging and walking in after me. I shut the door behind him.

"Oh, be prepared for a storm," I warned him as I heard a volley of barks come from upstairs.

"Storm?" He asked, reminding me of a dog when he cocked his head to the side a bit in absolute confusion.

All of a sudden, the two dogs flew down the stairs, Odin tackling Dan to the ground.

"Ow?" He said, though it came out as more of a question than anything.

"How do you question pain?" I laughed.

"I don't know," He replied.

"That's Odin, and um... that one? I don't know," I told him.