09| complications + goodbyes

Hailey

"BUT I WANT TO GO TO THE MALLLL!" I wailed.

This was just not turning out to be my day. I don't have a driver's license because whenever I tried to pass the freaking test... aha. They said I was too dangerous. I AM A VERY SAFE DRIVER FOR CRIPE SAKES!

"Too bad. I'm not driving you!" My older brother, Cayden told me.

"But all you're doing is playing video games!!!" I pouted.

He immediately froze. Um... haha? Cayden turned around from his spot on the floor of his room and stared wide-eyed at me.

"Do you not know how important video games are?" He asked.

"Um, I–"

"DO YOU NOT FREAKING KNOW!?"

"But, shopping is coo-"

"DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW IMPORTANT VIDEO GAMES ARE TO THE MALE POPULATION!?" Cayden screamed.

"O-kay, I'm just-you know....gonna leave now," I trailed, quickly racing out of his room and slamming his door behind me.

Remind me never to say something like that again. I sighed and ran downstairs. My mom and dad weren't home, so I was stuck home alone with that douche upstairs. Haha...I learned today that he's absolutely insane. Hmm...well, he's upstairs on that... and I'm down here with that.... Muahahaha. I smirked. Ah, I'm just going to have some fun... AT THE MALL! I pranced towards the kitchen counter and snatched up my brother's car keys. TIME TO GO SHOPPPINGGG! I looked towards the stairs in case Cayden just suddenly came down for some odd reason. Nope! I'm just a paranoid loser. Oh, heck, we were going to have some fun.

➳ ➳

Okay... how do we do this. The keys were in the thingy-mer-bobby [A/N- I know it's called an ignition but she obviously don't] but now, I just had to try and remember what I learned in driving school. Mm, these are supposed to be the pedals. Um, that one is the gas... I thought as I pressed it down. I shrieked when it flew backwards. Uh... definitely not the gas. I sighed and looked out the back window. Oh, man, am I lucky. I literally almost flew this thing through the garage. That wouldn't have been pretty. I sighed. Time to do this. I pressed down on the other one and the car lurched forwards. I smirked. Time to do this.

➳ ➳

Ughhh. Where is the mall again? I swerved in and out along the roads. I think I'll be getting a ticket sooner or later. I'm surprised the coppers haven't stopped me, yet. I was riding on a near-empty road by now.

"This definitely isn't the way to the mall," I groaned.

I've been driving around in hopes of finding a mall for hours. It was already dark out. Oops. Oh! Maybe there was something in the back seat that could help me. I turned around in my seat and saw nothing in the back seats, blargh. WAIT! I immediately snapped my attention back to the road, but by then it was over.

Dustin

I stood in some guy from my neighborhood's front yard and sighed. The moon was up and bright.

"You've got to go, you know what would happen if dad found you?"

The dog just stared up at me with its beady eyes. Geez. You don't do that when a guy's trying to say goodbye, HEAVENS!

"No, don't do that. But, I erg...um...I erm have to say goodbye. If you stay with uh..me, then you won't have the life you deserve. Trust me, you'd either die of starvation or a gun. I don't see any other choice. But I think you'd like it here. I heard this dude..or girl has a dog. I hear the dog barking sometimes," I explained.

The dog just stared at me expectantly. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"You're too hard to say goodbye to. But, bye, little fellow," I said and walked up to the door. I set the dog down in front of the door—but not close enough so that he'd get hit when the door opened—and rung the doorbell a few times. Then, I took one last look at the dog, before taking off.

➳ ➳

I was currently just walking down an empty road on the sidewalk, of course. But, still. That dog. I wish I got to keep it. But, anyways. The road isn't too far from my house and besides, I walk lots of places. I sighed and sat down on the sidewalk. I mean, it was late and no one was out here, anyways, so what's the harm? If I had that dog, what would I name it? Hmm... well, I don't really know what color it was or what its full personality was. To be brutally honest, I guess I don't really know what I would've named the dog if I had owned it. I watched as some semi-truck drove down the road. First car I've seen so far. Oh, what the heck?! I jumped up as soon as I saw a car speed past driving down the wrong lane. Well, um, this obviously wasn't going to end well. I stood back from the road and sidewalk. Just incase. Just as the two cars were about to collide, the rogue car sped into the other lane. Nice save. Uh, never mind. I thought too soon. Because of the fast actions, the car sped over the sidewalk and towards the forest-like section of the area, smashing into a tree. Yikes. What hurt the most was probably that the semi-truck just kept driving off until it was out of sight. Tsk bro, shame on you, man. I huffed and ran over to the pretty out-of-shape car. I might as well help, right? I do have my phone, so...

➳ ➳

After I had informed 911 and such, I decided I might as well help this person out a bit. I walked closer to the car and tried to open the passenger side's door. It was jammed... orrrr locked. BLASTED LUCK! I kicked it a few times without any success. I groaned and walked over to the driver's side. Also stuck. Okay, this car was obviously locked somehow. Geez. You'd think when a car crashed, all the doors would have unlocked. Well, it might've and it's just jammed. I sighed and looked through the window. There was a girl that didn't seem that much older or younger than me. I looked over as the ambulances and company started to drive on over. One question was stuck on my mind. Should I stay...or just uh.. run off?

+_+_+_+

Yikes.