13| the witch is blown off + apologies

Dakota

Some of my plan is coming together. I just really can't wait to get that Seth guy out of my way; I really could do way better. I don't really know why I went for him. WAIT. I remember why... I wanted to ruin those two's friendship. Yup! That's why. Hey. Don't hate on the clever genius! Right now, I was with Seth at his place. He was sitting on his bed, tapping away at his phone while I sat on a chair, thinking. Hey, let a girl think, okay? I sighed a little. I was alerted when I heard a phone ring. My first thought was: WHERE'S MY PHONE!? But... then, of course, I discovered it was Seth's. Jerk. I looked over to watch him tap something on it.

"Hey, Seth," A loud voice spoke from the end of the phone.

UGH! He put it on speaker! DOESN'T HE KNOW I AM HERE!? I AM TOO GORGEOUS TO BE FORGOTTEN.

"Uh, who is this? You don't sound like Rider..." Seth trailed off uncertainly.

WAIT! I know exactly who's on the other side of that phone. It's the boy at the park who had been with my ex. Oh, wait; my ex's name was River, I think... wait, no. Uh, Rhett? No. Rider? Nooo... WAIT! Yes! His name was Rider. That means that's the guy I'm moving onto next; his friend. Oh, he won't be able to stand my sexiness and then when I ask him out, there will be a simple, 'yes!' Oh, I am so clever.

"Dan...uh, your friend."

"Oh," Seth sighed.

"Meet me at the uh-" Dan was interrupted.

"WHY DO YOU HAVE MY PHONE AND WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO!?" Someone screamed in the background.

"Uh, pizza?" Dan questioned.

"Oh, okay!"

We waited in silence for a while before the conversation started up again.

"Just come to the arcade, okay?"

"Why?" Seth asked.

"Just 'cause."

Then, the line went dead.

"He hung up on me!" Seth huffed.

I guess he's used to hanging up on them. Oh, trust me, sweetie, if we were actually a "thing," you'd be hung up on a lot more than you'd think. I ALWAYS HANG UP FIRST! It's just Dakota law. No, I didn't just make that up, and no, my name for it does not need changing.

➳ ➳

We finally arrived at the arcade. Let me tell you, I've had many boyfriends before Seth that could drive faster than him. He really needs to go faster, even the tiniest bit. I mean, Devon, the fastest of my boyfriend's motto was: "If you drive fast enough, even if the coppers want you, they can never catch you." Ah, he was amazing until I decided it was time to move on. Hey! I'm not a bad person, more like a person on a mission...or a person with a dream! Yeah, that's it. I want to die knowing that I've kissed just about every boy in this universe. Aha, it's such a fascinating dream, don't you think? I smiled at the thought.

"When will he get here," Seth groaned.

I wanted to knock him upside the head, to be brutally honest. We just got here and he's already complaining.

Oh, Dakota. You could've done sooo much better.

Ah, shut up mind. You don't need to remind me.

"Heyo!" Dan exclaimed, walking out of the arcade.

"YOU MEAN TO TELL ME WE'VE BEEN WAITING OUT HERE FOR A MINUTE WHEN WE COULD'VE BEEN IN THERE!?" I screamed.

"Yup!"

Oh, I hate this kid. Oh, well. I need to just date him for a day, at the least. Then, I can easily dump him.