24| party + grasshopper

Dan

Striker6798: Hey...

FuturisticKitten: HAI! Omg I have super exciting news!

Striker6798: What?

FuturisticKitten: You live in Cali, yes?

Striker6798: Yeah... where are you going with this?

FuturisticKitten: IN A FEW DAYS I'M TAKING A WEEK VISIT TO BE THERE!

Striker6798: o

Striker6798: m

Striker6798: g

FuturisticKitten: I KNOW RIGHT!?

Striker6798: Maybe we'll see each other around?

FuturisticKitten: Depending on where in Cali I end up going.

Striker6798: Okay (:

I sighed. That was earlier. This is now. She had to go a while ago because she was going to hang at her friend, Aysha's house. I mean, I guess I couldn't keep her from her friend, but in a way, I kind of hoped I was more important. But, then again, we have been talking non-stop ever since we met, which was driving my internet addiction levels off the charts. Oh, yeah... I actually have charts.

It's awkward, I know. But, if you ever become a sleep-deprived and internet obsessed freak like me, you'll understand. You'll also understand while you'll soon be having no friends besides the things that are not living. Being an anti-social man is such hard work. Sometimes, I don't know if I'll make the day out alive. Okay, maybe Hailey's dramatic-like personality is wearing off on me... shoot.

Maybe I should just surf the Internet? It could be something fun to do. I walked over and turned on my computer, sitting down in one of those cool chairs that roll.

"They see me rolling, they h–" I ran over and picked up my phone from my bed-side table, answering it and putting it to my ear. That was an ironic ring-tone, don't you think? Not to mention how totally embarrassing that was.

"What is it?"

"Heyyyy, Danny boy, homie, my main bro—"

"Cut to the chase, please."

"So... I'm having this party tonight and–" Rider began.

I'm seriously starting to doubt how well this kid actually knows me.

"Party?" I scoffed.

"Yup! I need you to come and help me set up, and maybe stay a while?"

"I'll help with the set-up, okay? But, I am not, and I mean not staying for that party."

"Please, man. You don't understand. My mom can't catch me getting illegally drunk again! My whole life will be crushed! Like, under an one thousand ton car. Maybe even some explosions here and there since my heart will be teared out and shredded, being thrown out into different parts of the space and time continu–" Rider explained, only to have me interrupt.

"Woah, there. Chill out. I'll come. But, I want permission to bring my light-saber," I sighed.

"Excuse me?"

"Hey! If I have to go there and endure a lot of pain from having to watch people just randomly strip in your building, I want something to protect me," I argued.

He huffed. "Fine. You can bring your stupid light-saber. Just try not to actually kill anybody with it."

"Promise," I said, crossing my fingers behind my back. I'm not going to sit here and give someone my word. Do they not know me?