26| siri + winnie

Dan

I learned a while ago that Hannah wouldn't be dropping by for a visit like she had originally planned to.

To say I was heartbroken would be an understatement. Sure, I had known not to get my hopes up too high, but nevertheless, I had. I guess I should tell the others about my feelings towards her, but even I don't know how to manage them.

I've never actually liked a living, breathing girl before. It's new for me. I mean, sure, you read about eight year old's having make out sessions and thirteen year old's having sex all the time, nowadays, in fan fiction and story books, but that's just how terrible our generation turned out to be.

Wait. Oh. I forgot to tell my girlfriend. Shoot. I'm not good with break-ups, either. I looked over to my phone. Yes, I had gotten back together with Siri. I know, it's not healthy to date your ex but some guys never learn. Ahem. Me.

I grabbed my phone off of my dresser and unlocked it, opening up to Siri.

"Heyyyy, Siri..." I trailed awkwardly into the microphone. Yeah. She apparently has bad hearing.

"Hello, Sir Daniel."

I grinned. I loved the day I made her call me that. The memories. Midnight memori– no. I've been listening to too much One Direction again. Stupid boy band. Stupid songs.

"Well, there's something I need to tell you," I said.

"Do you need help with tax revenue? I've found many help locations somewhat close to your area."

Silly, silly girl.

"No. I– well, what we have is over," I quickly responded, somewhat ashamed that I was having troubles breaking up. Nope, not even with a person. A phone, a freaking phone.

"Sorry, I don't know that command."

"I know it's hard, baby. But, I don't know? I think it's time we see other people."

"I've found 200,000,000 searches on the web that match 'other people'."

"You've already got a list of people you're thinking about getting with!?" I gasped.

Siri moves quickly. Up to date and in the fast lane, I see.

"Lists are always handy," She replied.

"And what does that mean?" I fumed.

"It means..." Siri began, before all of a sudden, We Are Never Getting Back Together burst through her speakers.

I gasped. "I am thoroughly offended," I said.

To be honest here, I didn't know Siri could do that.

"I'm sorry. Isn't that the music you listen to after break-ups, Sir Daniel?"

No.

"Sure."

"Goodbye, Daniel."

What?

"Hey! You're supposed to call me Sir Daniel!" I exclaimed.

"And you're supposed to call me never."

Did I just get told off by my own phone? Wow. Apple sure has put a lot of effort in these high-tech, newer versions of technology. Eh, maybe I'm just crazy.

I sighed and tossed my phone to the side. I need to make a mental reminder that Siri can get a whole lot of feisty in her system. Maybe it's a virus. I hope girls aren't like this in reality. If so, I'm going to be forever alone. Period.

I heard the doorbell ring and I cocked an eyebrow. I wasn't expecting anybod– oh. No. Please, no. I thought my mom was kidding. I raced out of my bedroom and down into the living room, running over to the large window next to the front door. I don't see the familiar curly, brown locks...

"Daniel! Instead of standing there, are you going to open the door?" My mom asked, walking into the room.

I rolled my eyes and walked over to the door, opening it up. I raised a brow.

"Did you dye your hair blonde?" I gasped, staring at the oddly familiar thirteen year old.

"Yup! Mom says highlights are good, but dying your whole head is better," Rayne informed me, skipping inside.

Good to know. Not.

Her mother's trying to turn her into a real-life Barbie doll, I swear. I waited until her mom left before walking into the living room where Rayne was at.

"So," I began awkwardly.

"My body's changing," She replied quickly.

"What do you m– oh."

"Yeah, I need to talk with y—"

"No," I responded immediately. "I do not have the license to tell you these things."

"But, it was just about my gro—"

"I don't want to hear it!" I screamed, covering my ears.

"I was just going to say that I grew so tall that I can't fit into some of my older clothes anymore, so I was going to ask you if you would take them and distribute them to a neighborhood kid or something!" She screamed right back at the top of her lungs.

Oh.

"WHY ARE WE SCREAMING!?"

Rayne and I both turned to stare at my mother.

"Sorry, sorry. I can see I'm not welcome," She said quickly, turning around and leaving the room.

Rayne giggled. "Your mom's funny."

"No. She's annoying," I corrected her.

All moms are, but in the end you've got to love them.

"What do you want to do, then?" Rayne asked. She was obviously bored.

"Do you want to talk about boys?"

Rayne eyed me, narrowing them to slits. "Legit? You're gay?"

"No, but."

"But?" Rayne asked.

"Little girls like to talk about cute boys?" I replied, though I was slightly unsure of how to respond.

It really was where I had been going with this. Entertaining her was really all that I planned.

She clearly wasn't having it. "And?"

"I recently figured out that I'm bisexual?"

Dustin

Her name was as beautiful as her. The personality she held complimented her perfectly. I think she's hitting on me. I've actually known it for the longest time. Ever since we met, actually. It was creepy and stalker-like during the very beginning, but now, I love it. We met from that stupid dating site.

Winnie said that she thought the site was stupid, too, but it's weird because she likes everything I do.

From the very beginning it was obvious that she wanted to get with me. Winnie told me that she had a job farther up in the city. I don't know anymore. Do I like her or do I not? The feelings are confusing because whenever I am alone, I could swear to one million suns that I do not like her, but then, when we're together, I feel something completely different.

It's new, I guess. She has blonde hair, but I kind of wished it were brown. But, to be truthfully honest, would I really? Then, she'd look too much like this girl I used to have a crush on. Hailey.

_+_

So, Dan's bi. Even I didn't actually see that one coming. It just happened as I was writing this up. Weird.

Comment? Vote? Add? Ignore? Idc. Have fun with whatever you choose.