12| smile + moving on

• Dedicated to EVERYBODYYYYY

Rider

"No way," I breathed out in pure shock.

Dan was tense by my side, but he didn't say anything. I was almost grateful for that.

"Rider, it's not what it looks like," Seth tried to reason with me, but I was already storming off down the park.

I heard someone run after me. It better not be that two timing traitor.

"Please, let me explain," He begged.

I whirled around to face him.

"How can you explain that," I spat angrily, pure venom in my tone.

How could he do that to me? I thought we were best friends. But now? Now, he wants me to forgive him just like that. Let him explain himself? NO! I just can't believe this. I glanced over Seth's shoulder and saw Dakota and Dan just having some sort of glare off. I turned back to the still unresponsive, Seth. My unresponsive, ex-best friend.

"I swear, I can!" He continued.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" I snapped.

"You see, I had this crush on her since sixth grade... before you ever dated her," Seth began.

"Why didn't you ever tell me?" I asked, still fuming.

"Because... I don't know."

"Of course you don't," I told him, full of unchecked rage.

"I-" He began, but was interrupted.

Dakota screamed.

I looked over and saw Dan just standing there frozen while Dakota sat on the ground. Dear heavens, what the hell happened over there?

Dan

We were currently in a glare-like stare off.

"I hope you know I can easily get my Sethy poo to demolish you," She told me.

"Yeah, right. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy that'd hurt someone for doing absolutely nothing," I told her.

"You're right, he isn't," Dakota replied with a sly smirk across her face.

I stared at her, confused and somewhat nervous. Trust me, this girl doesn't mess around. Besides, she's a huge jerk. No wonder she has a "posse". Dakota purposely laid down in the grass. What? I watched her, confused.

"AGH!" She screamed at the top of her lungs, making me wince.

Dakota sat up in the grass, smirking wildly at me.

Now, I was just staring at her in complete shock. She did not just do that. TELL ME SHE DIDN'T JUST DO THAT!

"Babe, what's wrong?" Seth asked worriedly, running over and kneeling down besides his supposed, "girlfriend".

"He pushed me!" Dakota accused, pointing right at me.

"Uh, what? N-No I didn't."

Seth helped Dakota up and glared at me. Rider was glaring at Dakota and was standing next to me. We both knew I didn't push that... you know what? Forget horrible language. She's nothing compared to all of that. She's worse. I can already tell.

"Oopsies," Dakota giggled, making sure it was low enough for only Rider and I to hear as she walked past us and towards a bench down the way.

"You hurt her," Seth fumed.

"No I didn't!"

"He didn't. Seth, get it in your thick head. Dakota is a witch and she's just using you to win over popularity and stuff. She's going to dump you in a weeks time," Rider told him.