22| vengeance + stalker

Dakota

"Please, sir. I have to get back there," I pleaded.

He gave no reply; he just stared off into the distance.

"I swear it's for a devious cause!" I tried.

He turned to face me, confused. "Well, I would expect it to be devious," He finally said.

"Yes, but, you see," I said, "I have to get back at these kids who were more devious than me!"

He eyed me, trying to figure out if I was kidding or not. What? Am I really that bad of a child? Wait... don't answer that.

"Hmm... and what will I get in return?"

"Well, that's easy!" I exclaimed, making him cringe.

"Well, what is it?"

"One of their souls," I stated simply. Hey, it's not actually as bad as it sounds. They deserve this place, right? They're definitely more criminal than I am. Yeah...

His full attention was on me, now, his eyes flickering with amusement. "Are you sure of this?"

"Positive."

"Well, wait. I have one condition," He suddenly said, turning my smile into a frown.

Oh no he didn't. "What is this condition?" I questioned, wondering what the heck could be wrong with my perfect idea.

"Killing another person doesn't make you any better."

"Excuse me? I'm already in the afterlife. You're supposed to want me to do evil things!" I pointed out.

"Yes, but, people request the same thing all the time! It's getting so–" He paused for dramatic effect. "–boring."

"You're really annoying."

"Speak for yourself," He huffed.

Oh, snap.

"Fine, what do you want?" I groaned.

"Make a child die... willingly," He said with a smirk.

Rider

"Forgive me," Seth said for almost the hundredth time in the past minute.

"Oh my gosh! Shut up or get out of my house!" I yelled, pointing straight towards my bedroom window.

"Geezzzz."

I rolled my eyes and put my arm down. Seth had gotten into my house 30 minutes ago. I didn't let him in. Are you kidding me? I hate him for the time being. I just forgot to inform my parents that he was no longer granted access to the house. So, they let him in. Dang it. I mean, I somehow had the brains to tell them that he no longer had access to my fridge, but I guess I forgot to mention the rest.

"Pleaseeeeee."

"Dude, shut up," I complained.

"Why?" Seth asked, tossing around a can of soda.

"Because–" I started before realization took over. "—wait."

"What?" Seth asked, stopping his game of toss and catch, letting the can fall into his lap.

"No," I stated, staring at his soda.

Seth was freaking out inside, I could tell. He had no idea what he did wrong, either. Oh, heck no. I specifically told him. I got up and stormed over to him, snatching the soda away.

"This. is. mine," I growled. "From my fridge."

Seth let a cuss slip out of his mouth as he realized how right I truly was.