Chapter 19. Para Siempre

Amelia made dinner reservations at Trattoria Malatesta on Calle de los Coloreros in the center of Madrid. She knew that there was absolutely no chance of them being seen there. She made arrangements for Uber to pick Luisi up and drop her off at the restaurant. She called Luisita and told her what time the Uber would be there to pick her up. She said she would meet her at the restaurant but wouldn't tell which one as it was a little surprise.

Amelia arrived before Luisita and got the table in the back corner. She told the hostess that she was meeting someone and to please bring them to the table. Once Amelia was seated, the camarero came to get her order. She ordered a bottle of wine and two glasses as she told him someone was going to join her and that would order dinner upon their arrival. Amelia looked gorgeous. She was dressed in a sleeveless dark red dress with a low scoop neckline, a mid calf length Aline with a slim skirt, and black stiletto heels. She wore her hair loose around her shoulders. Her makeup was simple and flawless that brought the green out in her eyes. She checked her watch and it was time for Luisita to arrive. She was suddenly washed with nerves and if she were on a blind date. At that moment, Luisa walked in looking beautiful. She stopped in the doorway of the small dining room and just looked at Amelia. To Luisi, she was breathtaking. Amelia looked at Luisi and had the same reaction. They stood for a brief moment looking at each other, it felt as if the world was fading away. The host finally gave Luisi a little nod to move to the table. When she reached the table, Amelia wrapped her up in an embrace and whispered in her ear, "Cariño" and kissed her cheek. The host had pulled out her chair and Luisi sat down across from Amelia, who had resumed her seat. He left them menus. The camarero arrived with the wine, and poured them each a glass. Amelia said they would order in a few moments.

Amelia picked up the wine glass, "A toast."

"What are we toasting?" Luisi asked as she picked her glass up.

"To us." Amelia said and they lightly clinked their glasses. They sipped their wine, never taking their eyes off of each other.

"This place is so nice. And it is Italian. I would have never thought of this." Luisi said looking around.

"It is nice. I wanted to do something different." Amelia agreed.

"This is perfect. I love Italian food." Luisi said as she had another sip of wine. "Amelia, I am so happy we are here."

"Me too, cariño." Amelia reached over and took her hand into hers. She stroked the back of her hand with her thumb and smiled at Luisi. Luisi gave the slight blush as she was so happy to be with her again.

"Amelia, are you ever going to tell what happened?" Luisi was more matter of fact.

"Yes. In fact, I have two things to tell you." Amelia replied. About that time the waiter returned to take their orders. They placed their orders and the waiter left them in peace.

"Ok. Tell me" Luisi requested. "But start with the explanation."

"You know the night I took you home because you drank too much and I just stayed with you?" Luisi nodded. "As I left your apartment early that morning because I had to get back home because I was meeting Ana for breakfast. I literally ran into Dr. Martinez outside of your apartment building. He was curious as to why I was there. I told him I was dropping off something to a friend. He was skeptical and I didn't have time to stand there and chat with him. Anyway, the following Monday he registered a complaint that I was being inappropriate and violated university rules by staying the night with a college student. Then it turned into this whole investigation, it was found to unfound. Basically, he is a homophobe and wanted me to go. But in the end, he got shut down and the university terminated him." Amelia told her the short version of the story.