Chapter 11 : Visiting Vampire

Odin

A draft whistles through the room as the grand estate doors unfurl, sending papers everywhere.

My still drying notes fly from my hands. Leaving ink smudges in their place. Beyond irritated, I'm about to take down whoever foolishly opened the gosh dang door.

Whirling around to the door, my jaw ever so slightly drops at what I'm seeing.

Glasses, who's name I don't remember, is practically carrying a guy over her shoulders. With a smirk, I retrieve my things with leisure as she watches. Hatred is gleaming in her eyes as I casually open my mouth.

"She has plenty of rooms upstairs, if you can make it that far, that is."

My comment sets her on FIRE. In a blind rage, she sets the guy down like a rag doll, charging after me. Thanks to my body's new improvements, I weasel out of her up and coming grasp. I can sense the others behind me before I'm even in her clutches. It no longer matters at this point, because we both know I've won.

"What in the name of..." Dekka interrupts the battle stale air, trailing off as she sees the guy.

She doesn't even have to point to him for glasses to immediately go all business. I really need to learn her name. She's off the floor in seconds, tugging at the ends of her braids.

"While scouting out the area, I came across two Fated vampires." I can taste her half lie before she even finishes it.

Dekka takes the floor. "I wasn't aware you left." She says it in a forlorn kind of way. Clearly not fully recovered from her death at the hands of Quinn.

Alma makes her way past Willow and Jett, standing near the front.
"Don't dig yourself a hole you can't fill, Harper."

Overjoyed that I'm not the only one who picked up on the lie, I refrain from an embarrassing happy dance.

Hmm, so glasses does have a name, interesting.

A shared look goes between Alma and Dekka. With a single order, Dekka demands everyone, except for our new guest and Harper, leave the room.

As the group files out the door, I catch eyes with the fiery haired guy.

Inspecting his looks further, I pick up the black disks that are his eyes, and the hazy swirls in his pale skin.

Something in the atmosphere around him seems rancid and decaying. Is this what's it's like to be near our end? His eyes bore into mine as I'm snapped from my thoughts.

"Odin, leave, before the Fates bite your toes." Oh, what a charmer Dekka is.

As I leave the room, my thoughts are still on the visiting vampire and our inevitable end...