Chapter 7 : Blood Lust

Dekka

Abandoning my pen and clip board to the floor, I'm a flurry of limbs as I approach the seven.

Close enough to see the finer details, the first thing I notice is quality of their eyes.

Their Sclera's have presently caught the black plague of hunger.

Its feeding time. Normally thirst driven vampires wouldn't faze me in the slightest, but for once the keepers coat can't bail me out.

Thoroughly covering all of the bases, I rack my brain for any helpful hints. Fates, Head Master Stoakly taught me how to use a pen, but this was an extra curricular.

Making it my first mission to remain standing, my second is to curse him boisterously.

Giving up on my non existant fail safe, I tumble on my own legs as I reach my circle of chairs. Protected only by cheap metal and even cheaper cushions.

Crouched in my Dekka sized ball, I've run out of options. Surrendering my body as my mind retaliates.

Ace

All thoughts of the symbolism behind my pin are gone. The tug beneath my skin wails to indulge on blood. Separating me from all sense of sanity and free will.

Our pack charges at the prey, singling it out.
With a single sniff, her, our prey is a her.
The grip on my control shatters as my companions charge through the ring of chairs.

Lunged and at the ready, the springs in my feet coil themselves stiffly. Just as I launch myself from my offensive stance, my senses shut all the way down.

Dekka

My distress call seems to have gotten through to Ace and Alma, because they stop dead in their stances.

Yes! See that, Fates, still beating the odds one unprepared move at a time!

Redirecting their sense of purpose, my duo of heroes battle it out amongst the others. While gaining traction on a win, I survey the dimly lit gymn.

One more visual sweep of the land showcases Quinn lunging for the kill. In any other instance, I'd find the way he springs on his gangly legs a hilariously laughable moment.

That is until his jet black eyes are inches from my icy blue ones. I watch in horror as his canines morph into large fangs ending in a razor sharp tip.

My eyes squeeze shut at the same moment his teeth graze my neck.

Alma

The drive to strike, attack, and kill turns off like a switch being clicked. It takes one knowing look at Ace to understand the severity of the situation.

A distress call was sent from Dekka to both Ace and I. How, I can't even wrap my head around.

Having weaseled my way past Jett, I turn my attention towards the keeper, only to find her amongst Quinns clutches.

In a blind rage, my body flings itself to the other side of the room where a murder is about to happen.

Running on pure instinct, the end of my fingers graze the suspenders hanging on either side of his hips.

With a grip only adrenaline can provide, I pull him several inches before the breath is knocked out of me.

A breath I didn't need to hold, because I can no longer breathe. Distant screams fill my ears at a very human frequency.

Two twin braids as black as ravens fill my vision. Harper. Her hands encircle my throat as a wicked smile turns on her lips.

Bracing my much awaited end, her hands ease off as the scream cut short.

None of us has to say anything to know what just went down. I no longer hear the steady breathing that belongs to Dekka.

For being immortal, she looks very dead...

(P.s. This picture is one that I own.)

)