Chapter 3 : Seeing Saucers

Alma

The stale air around me turns rancid as I take in my new complexion.

The movies had a polar opposite take compared to what I see through my field of vision.

My pupils are dilated to look like large black disks. Completely swallowing my irises like a parasite.

Dekka dares to break our stunned silence. "Fates, you haven't questioned or interrupted me for--" She cuts off mid sentence, leaping down from her perch atop my bed.

Turing my focus back to the mirror, I take in the changes. Never having been tan before, the white pallor of my skin could almost pass for ordinary. That is until you get close enough to examine it, of course.
Apon closer inspection, subtle shadows of blurry white, cloud my skin.

Attuned to my new senses, I know she's crossing the room long before I can feel her presence.

I turn my head to face her, making sure to lock her gaze. Putting only mere inches between us.

"I look like a second grade art project." I retort to her statement earlier.

She meets me with a shocking look of warmth, as some of the ice melts from her blue gaze.

"Well then, even the fates must be jealous of those art skills." She says, standing her ground in more ways than one.

Her words are oddly comforting in a no nonsense kind of way. Resulting in the upward tilt of my pale lips.

Dekka has only been here for a matter of minutes, yet even without out my vampire keenness, I sense more going on underneath.

Before I can mention the drop in her swagger, she marches to a duffel that I hadn't noticed before with a new found sense of authority.

Returning with the duffel in her clutches, she begins spreading out it's contents.

"Just because your heart has stopped, doesn't mean your school attendance can as well." She says mindlessly while sifting through an array of tubes filled with creamy liquids.

Entranced by the fluidity of her movements, I hardly notice as she gives me a once over.

"Jeepers keepers, I didn't peg you as that kind of girl." I speak through the exceedingly apparent smile in my voice.

I can feel the full force of her glower. As I open my mouth to fire off another sarcastic quip, I'm stunned into silence.

She lifts her hands like Obi-Wan, directing various objects around the room.

My sheets smooth themselves out as the covers are tucked, only to be topped by my collection of creamy blush colored throw pillows.

Just when I'm about to applaud her magic show, the neatest stack of folded clothes I've ever seen, appears in her right hand and a trim pair of leather boots in her left.

"Whoa jedi powers." I whisper past my childlike aww.

"Put these on, now."

After looking at what must be a dumbfounded look on my face, she colorfully curses a head master.

Not wanting my name to be uttered in a creative way that I didn't know was possible, I sweep the stack from the floor.
Despite her above all attitude, the girl has got style.

While half listening to her debrief me about meeting the seventeen others, I wriggle my way into a pair of knee high socks. After slipping the pan collared shirt into my skirt and belting it as instructed, I look to Dekka for a nod of confirmation.

She purses her lips, clearly missing something as if it were obvious. With a spring in her step, she stands over me.

"The fates beg you to hold still." She mumbles through a mouthful of brushes.

After a hearty amount of time, I turn to the mirror to admire her handy work.

She styled my long swooping bangs in layers, making sure to accentuate my angular face. Adding non existent life to my face with hints of blush. Ending with a pair of molten chocolate contact lenses to conceal my saucers.

Tossing my shoulder bag to me, she peeks her head out my now opened window.

"Off to school my fated friend." She says with a chirp as she pushes me out the window.

The last words I hear her speak are jump Bella, jump.